ANSWERS NEEDED

quadrium2 : build, mutate, evolve, animate : images, textures, fractals, art
mirko
IQ Test: Orange

ANSWERS NEEDED

Post by mirko » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 am

I purchased Quadrium less than a month ago.

I just expected it not to be bugged and to be able to generate quicktime videos on a standard recent Mac (I use Snow Leopard, not even Lion).

It appears that even the beta version doesn't allow me to generate decently sized videos. the default square is ok but i cannot map this as a sci-fi fan-fic background: it'd be too pixellated.

Then, M. G.Andreas, I'd like to know the answer to the following questions:
  • What are the chances are that you will solve this issue in a near future.
  • Should it appear to be impossible for you to satisfy this demand, how may I be refunded?

gandreas
Immortal

Re: ANSWERS NEEDED

Post by gandreas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Please define "decently sized videos" - I just downloaded the beta from the website on a machine running the latest version Snow Leopard, made a simple movie (two key frames) and rendered a 20 second long movie at 2048x1536 (approximately what cinema quality digital capture runs at - and higher than, say, HDTV). Took a few minutes to render, it's 2.25 GB and it's too large for QuickTime to play on this machine without hiccuping/stuttering, but it otherwise worked just as expected (and looks quite nice).

mirko
IQ Test: Orange

Re: ANSWERS NEEDED

Post by mirko » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 am

gandreas wrote:Please define "decently sized videos"
Hello

First of all, I really appreciate your prompt and open answer.
Something doesn' work on both my Snow Leopard Macs (a MacPro 2008 with 8-core and a GTX285 graphic adapter) and a 2007 white MacBook:

If I set a keyframe then ask Quadrium to generate a video with all the default parameters, it works expectedly but I'll get a 256x256 10-second post stamp.

If I modify any parameter whatsoever (bigger size or framerate), I either get 1 minute of darkness or eventually light grayish blue.

That's what my problem is.

BTW, on my 8-core MacPro, system activity only shows one core working though I think I read somewhere that Quadrium Beta could take advantage of multiple cores?

I'd really love to love Quadrium, I mean it. Please, help.

Is there a way I could generate a log for you to study alone with a sample output?

BTW: something special with one of my machine is that it has a case-sensitive file system.