New to Quadrium

quadrium2 : build, mutate, evolve, animate : images, textures, fractals, art
Jane

New to Quadrium

Post by Jane » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:27 pm

We are a group of Mac students working with Photoshop, Bryce, Terragen, (KPT and other plugins), and other fun stuff.
Weve been learning together for a long time, and are just having the most fun!
Now we feel somewhat confident enough to start thinking about Fractals, but have not had too much luck with finding Mac Fractal apps which can hold a candle to UltraFractal, XenoDream, and others.
Must understand that we are beginners in a lot of this great stuff, so we need help and tutorials.
Ive been struggling with SpangFract, which is most likely awesome, but without support in a complex program like it, we do tend to become lost, and thus lose interest.
Ive just found Quadrium tonight, and have had good fun with it!
So perhaps think this could be something that our class would like to work with.
I will be passing this link on to classmates to see what they think, but I do hope that this might just be what we need.
We are beginners, so are looking around and seeing what we can tackle.
Thank you,
Jane

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:44 pm

Make sure that you go through the tutorial - quadrium provides a whole lot more above and beyond traditional fractals (and it's really easy in quadrium to explore images - start with something and bring up the mutations and see what you like). And if you're using an Intel machine, it does work under Rosetta - but make sure to enable Altivec in the preferences (since the Altivec emulation is really good under Rosetta).

And version 2.0 will include a whole lot of enhancements (including some really amazing fractal coloring algorithms), new tools, revamped UI, intel native, and the ability to generate movies...

Jane

Post by Jane » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 am

Oh, this is great fun! I made quite a few great images with ease, this is really going to be wonderful for my classmates and me.
Ive got 2 new Macs, but not an Intel one yet, I was worried about Photoshop. I use one of the Intels at our local Mac store, but shall wait until summer most likely.

Thank you again for this! We are going to have a lot of fun with Quadrium, so glad I found you!
Jane :D

Jane

Post by Jane » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:37 am

I just registered with my credit card. This is a lot of goodies for not a large price. Shall put it on our classroom board today.
Thanks again,
Jane

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks - I hope you enjoy it and make lots of cool images.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Jane

Post by Jane » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Indeed Im having a great time with Quadrium! Lots of fun.
And I am using some of the images in my KPT Collection class.
Jane