First Look at Quadrium 2.0

quadrium2 : build, mutate, evolve, animate : images, textures, fractals, art
Duane

First Look at Quadrium 2.0

Post by Duane » Tue May 09, 2006 11:30 am

Thanks a lot , Gandreas, for Quadrium 2! :D

I took a quick peek to see what is new:

- very convenient new Structure window with several tabs!
- rotating and zooming in directly on picture!
- more Favourite Gradients!
- Movies - I am looking forward to "fly" through fractals!
- Special thanks for Custom Fractals and Custom Julia! Are these something similar like those fractal flames created by Apophysis and flam3 users?

I am still learning, but it looks very good!

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue May 09, 2006 12:06 pm

[quote]- Special thanks for Custom Fractals and Custom Julia! Are these something similar like those fractal flames created by Apophysis and flam3 users?
[/quote]

Not exactly - those allow you to type in your own formulas for escape fractals. For example, if you type in "z * z + c" you get a standard Mandelbrot fractal, but you could also do something like "sin(z) * z + c" and get something funky

If you want to make flame fractals, you'll have to wait another couple of weeks for "quadrium | flame" (which provides the same basic quadrium style UI, complete with the mutations, breeding, movies, etc... but is based on "Linear Iterative Fractal Systems" - and making movies from those things are really cool).

Duane

funky

Post by Duane » Tue May 09, 2006 12:29 pm

I just tried out Custom Fractals with different formulas and it indeed resulted in some funky results 0_0!

:-)

oh, you are working on flames?!?!!

*waits patiently, or not*

Duane

Snapshots are not saved!

Post by Duane » Sat May 13, 2006 2:35 pm

Well, I noticed: When I save a quadd file with snapshots in it via Menu File > save , the next time I open the file via Menue > Recent Documents or click on the quadd file in the Finder, the snapshots have disappeared :-((((.

Is that a bug, or do I something wrong?!

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon May 15, 2006 2:19 pm

This would be a problem - I'll contact you off list and send you a file to see if you can open it with the snapshots intact or not...