...Like your logo image in the starting points?

quadrium2 : build, mutate, evolve, animate : images, textures, fractals, art
a5t3k

...Like your logo image in the starting points?

Post by a5t3k » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 am

I will purchase immediately, after I find out if it's possible to import (.gif.tif.jpg.eps.bmp) images of my own to play with?

Thnx :shock:

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:19 am

You can use bitmap images by using the "Image" node, from which you can select just about any sort of image file that Cocoa supports (and until you actually specify something, it uses the application icon)

Note that the results will be somewhat limited based on the that image (i.e., in general quadrium provides "infinite resolution" images, but with an underlying bitmap used at some point it will hit the resolution limit of source image, resulting in some chunky pixels), but you can still accomplish all sorts of funky warping, tiling, color adjusting, blending, etc...

Select the thing with the "butterfly" like image on the "Basic Forms" starting point, expand the "details" button (bottom right icon) and then double click "Image" node. Click "Select" and pick a file, and give it a try.

a5t3k

Post by a5t3k » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Thank you, and thank the rest of your team for bringing the fun and control of fractals to the mac.

Now I'll go Play.