MondoDock wishlist

Discuss the various current and future Widgets from gandreas software

MondoDock wishlist

Post by unslanted » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:32 pm

I've been running MondoDock for a couple of weeks, and it quickly become an essential part of my mac. I have three instances running in my dashboard now: two for important apps that I don't want cluttering my main dock when I'm not using (split between work-related and fun-related), and a third for launching GoLive sites that I'm actively developing. Here is my wishlist for a later version:

1. Better filenames - tooltips are constantly appearing in the wrong place and sticking around too long (I am running all the latest OS updates per another thread on this issue). Filenames are crucial for telling the difference between two files with the same icon. I've resorted to custom icons to tell the difference between the GoLive site files in MondoDock.
2. Re-Ordering within a MondoDock by dragging (as in the main dock).

Again, good work and thanks for developing this!

Post by gandreas » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:47 pm

The re-ordering is pretty much going to be a given - as well as getting rid of the "drop well" to add items (and so adding things works like the dock as well - these two are basically the same feature, since adding this way is the same as moving a "blank" spot).

I agree that the filenames issue is problematic, but I'm not sure of a good solution (since if you have a narrow vertical dock, the widget itself doesn't have space to show the file name). I'm probably going to have to come up with some sort of complex overlay scheme to try to add this, since I'm not all that happy with the default tooltip behavior either...