Solitare::Pryamid

Discuss the various current and future Widgets from gandreas software
Metalsmith

Solitare::Pryamid

Post by Metalsmith » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:34 am

Rule not working. If I have a 10 lying on top of a 3 with nothing else bocking the 3, I SHOULD be able to pick up the combination. I just had

10 3
3 3 10

I should have been able to pick up the entire mix, but was blocked from picking any of them up and, hence, lost the game -- which might have been a win.

:cry:

Metalsmith

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:15 am

(Hard to tell from an ascii layout that looses any indentation and spacing due to the side effects of html, but...)

I don't believe that this is correct, but this is slightly confusing due to the UI - both cards need to be completely exposed to be "paired". Since the UI uses "drag and drop" (as opposed to some way to "select two cards") the act of dragging the 10 doesn't actually expose the 3 (it may look like it does, but that is just a side effect of how one selects the first of the two cards).

View it as something that needs to be symmetric - you can't drag and drop the 3 on to the 10...

So view it more as a bug in the UI paradigm as opposed to a bug in the rules.

Metalsmith

Post by Metalsmith » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 pm

gandreas wrote:So view it more as a bug in the UI paradigm as opposed to a bug in the rules.
The layout looked pretty good until all the leading spaces were wiped out.

I understand--- but it's still a violation of the game rules and much reduces the already slim chance of winning. i've played other versions that coped with this. the best one highlighted the selected card, then the second card IF they totaled 13 -- and then removed them.