quadrium | flame released

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

gandreas
Immortal

quadrium | flame released

Post by gandreas » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:26 pm

The initial version of quadrium | flame has been released:

http://projects.gandreas.com/quadriumflame

All the quadrium goodness (breeding, mutation, animation, etc...) but with "Iterative Fractal Systems" (aka "flame fractals"), mixed with some strange attractors and other innovations...

Duane

Post by Duane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:04 am

thank you very much for this! :D

Just a quick question: I notice that you can't overclock the Density parameter.

From my experiences with other Flame programs I usually have Density of 10 (or even 20) for high resolution version.

I know that with subsample you can increase the quality as well.

Is there any reason for this maximum=5 limit?

P.S. I think the snapshots still are not saved with my file. I have to find your email again, sorry for not responding for so long.

Duane

Post by Duane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:34 am

P.P.S.

It is not possible to follow this Apophysis Tutorial in Quadrium | flame, is that right? I had no luck.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36434472/

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:14 am

[quote="Duane"]thank you very much for this! :D

Just a quick question: I notice that you can't overclock the Density parameter.

Is there any reason for this maximum=5 limit?
[/quote]

The density parameter ends up being applied using a inverse gamma function, and so higher values end up having significantly less effect. The 5 limit does appear, however, to be somewhat arbitrary (at one time there must have been a reason to make it a hard limit, but I can't seem to see why). I'll investigate more when I get back from WWDC...

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:08 am

[quote="Duane"]P.P.S.

It is not possible to follow this Apophysis Tutorial in Quadrium | flame, is that right? I had no luck.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36434472/[/quote]

It sort of it possible. One important difference is the "master weight" slider changes the way things work - to follow something like this, make sure to set the master weight slider for each flame that you edit to 1.0.

Note that trying to specify the exact values for the transform is also tricky, but possible (especially if you look up the values in the appendix of the user manual).

I gave it a try, added an extra circular flame - check out the gandreas .Mac shared starting points...

Duane

Thanks

Post by Duane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:08 pm

wow, thank you very much for the quick reply and checking out that Tutorial. I just checked your file, it's gorgeous! That's definitely a great help. :D