Flame bugs?

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

brimacx

Flame bugs?

Post by brimacx » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 pm

Two things -

1) In the Gradium dialog I can't get it to add my gradient to the favorites list - nothing happens when I select "Add to favorites".

2) I might be mistaken but when reading the documentation I thought that I could import an image and add it to the breeding pool to be used in a mutation. If that is possible I can't get anything to happen when trying to do an import of an image.

Also, just thought of something else - the tutorial says to change the subsample to 4 towards the the end of the tutorial but I can't get it to register past 3.

Thanks and great program!

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:29 pm

1) When you add a gradient, it ends up in the "Favorites" gradient section (which is probably not the section you're showing). If you switch to that, your newly added gradient should be there. And yes, these added gradients are shared with quadrium2.

2) The term "image" is a bit ambiguous - in this case, it refers to a quadrium | flame document's image, as opposed to a generic image file (such as a JPG). So you can drag from the document's image's frame and drop it on the "breeding" drop target and it will add to the pool, but you can't, for example, drop an image from iPhoto there...

3) That's a typo (well, it's actually an "internally, subsampling goes from 1 to 4, but the slider goes from 0 to 3" problem, but I believe typo is the easier of the two to explain).

(If you think that 1.0 is great, wait until you see 1.1!)

brimacx

Post by brimacx » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:45 pm

Thanks for clearing those up for me... can't wait for 1.1!

By the way, are there any other tutorials available? This program is so complex that it would be awesome if there were more tutorials for different types of resulting images. For instance I'd love to be able to create something resembling a cross section of smooth realistic flowing water or some other molten liquid.

Thanks again!

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Not currently - I'm working on some tutorials, but they are oriented towards the new features in 1.1.

Not quite sure how I'd go about trying to make an image like that either, though I'd probably try quadrium2 instead (just because there are various "turbulence" nodes there to play with which might give closer results - obviously the image would have a completely different feel to it...). Let me think on that one a bit...