Cool Program But...

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

OfScience

Cool Program But...

Post by OfScience » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:54 pm

hi your program is realy very cool but we could really use it being able to batch export animations would you know of a way that we may do this via some comand we can call with apple script or some thing , also to make this work it would need to be able to hold the vide clip (tweening on a grand scale) info after its been saved and closed thanks for the program and hope you can help , please feel free to email us a Will_Biggs@Ofscience.co.uk
oh and the cancel button dosen't when exporting video ...

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:50 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "batch export animations". Most of the animation should be doable via AppleScript, though there is no easy way to control the various codec settings on movies (which can be major problem).

Certainly being able to save movie "tweening" info, either as some sort snapshot like item, or as a separate file, would probably be a useful feature (and potentially pretty cool, since you could then take completely different starting images and render them with the same movie "shooting instructions"). I would be surprised if that sort of feature didn't make it into the next release...
[edit]Actually make that "I know for a fact that this feature will be in the next release (since I just finished implementing it)" [/edit]

OfScience

cool

Post by OfScience » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:27 am

thanks for your response and glad to hear it , the batch export i refer to is if i have set up a movie export of say 5 mins then make another it will simuitaneously render them this is a bit of a drag I want it to que the jobs up , so that I can set them all up and come back later and the jobs have finished sequentialy , I intend to get quadrium2 at some point soonn and would be after the same features in that , thanks for your help all at Ofscience

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:50 am

The next version includes a setting to limit how many simultaneous jobs to render, queuing up the remainder (I ran into this same issue while rendering images for my calendar). And yes, these same features in quadrium2 as well.

At some point I hope to take this one step further, allowing for distributed rendering, but that's just in the design phase...

OfScience

distrubuted rendering

Post by OfScience » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:44 pm

thats great looking forward to that we rendered 5 2 minuete anims out over the weekend and its was tough on the machine !
re the distrubuted render we run maya and use the qmaster system thats part of Final cut this seems to just call the aplication from the specified folder , maybe this could make life easier for you ?
all the best Ofscience

gandreas
Immortal

Re: distrubuted rendering

Post by gandreas » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:09 pm

OfScience wrote: re the distrubuted render we run maya and use the qmaster system thats part of Final cut this seems to just call the aplication from the specified folder , maybe this could make life easier for you ?
I'm actually planning on leveraging off of XGrid support, since I'll want to distribute things like individual frames (or portions of images) to different machines, rather than entire movies/images.

The only major drawback is that IFS based single images (i.e., quadrium | flame) can't easily be split up (since it takes just as long to draw half the image as it does to draw the whole image), but movies should work well.

But like I said, I'm still in the design phase (I've got to finish the next release of quadrium2, a minor update to flame, as well as the unannounced "prime")