How do I register?

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

jbrandtp

How do I register?

Post by jbrandtp » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Hello

I am trying to register Quandrium | flame, via the Quandrium | flame-menu and selecting "register" - but nothing happens!

What am I doing wrong?

all the best

jbrandtp

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Code: Select all

What am I doing wrong? 
In theory, nothing. Obviously something is going wrong here though.

If you have the Console.app (found in /Application/Utilities) running while you do this, do any messages show up there?

If you try to save a file and get the "sorry this is a demo, please register" and click the "register" button there, does it work any better?

What kind of computer, and what version of the OS are you running?

jbrandtp

Post by jbrandtp » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:51 am

gandreas wrote:

If you have the Console.app (found in /Application/Utilities) running while you do this, do any messages show up there?
I get this message:
"2007-02-11 11:49:26.785 quadrium | flame[223] *** +[NSString stringWithCString:]: NULL cString"
gandreas wrote:

If you try to save a file and get the "sorry this is a demo, please register" and click the "register" button there, does it work any better?
No
gandreas wrote:

What kind of computer, and what version of the OS are you running?
Powerbook G4 1.67Mhz OSX 10.4.8

All the best

JBrandtP

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 am

I've sent you a link to the latest beta, just in case this help.

(This is strange because the only places my code calls stringWithCString is in the part where I enable local sharing, and there should be nothing in the current code base that involves this with regards to registration)

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:56 am

If you hold down the command key while selecting "Register" it should change to "Reinstall" and bring up a dialog asking for your information.

Does this happen? Or do you get the same "stringWithCString: NULL" error?

If you can get that far, you can use the "online store" at http://store.eSellerate.net/s.aspx?s=STR4634386578 and purchase a license there and enter that information in the above mentioned dialog...

In the mean time I'll continue to investigate further - if you can think of anything unusual about your system (in terms of strange network setup, or perhaps some overactive system extension), please let me know.