10.000+ quadrium | flame presets

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

FarbGerEcht

10.000+ quadrium | flame presets

Post by FarbGerEcht » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:51 pm

Ahoi~

If you're looking for presets consider to:

1. Import Electric Sheeps
Gandreas wrote: "If you hold down the option key, "Import" in the file menu will turn into "Import URL" and you can type the URL of the "genome" file (such as "http://sheepserver.net/v2d6/gen/202/29587/spex") and it will download the file URL and parse it. Note that not everything translates, especially things like orientations and zooming, and some of the topologies aren't perfect, but definitely a start."
Sheepserver - The best of the flock

2. Paste in Flame Parameters found online
Gandreas wrote: "Flame supports the ability to paste in parameters via text - you can even right/ctrl click on the "F" in the skeleton view and select "Copy Transform" and get a textual representation (which you can edit in a text editor and paste back onto a selected flame). It will also support pasting in a number of other formats (there some IFS programs that have very simple "six numbers inside curly braces" for each transform which it supports, for example)."

Although I guess the quadrium | flame manual will include this features shortly -
it certainly doesn't hurt if they're also mentioned here.

3. There's also the possibility to import files from the dark side
The manual says: "You can import “flame fractal” documents created by other applications, including FractInt (.ifs), and various XML formats such as used by Apophysis (.flam3, .flame, etc...). Note that since quadrium | flame uses a slight different model for coloring, not all results will be identical, but with a little tweaking, they usually can be."

If you don't see much after the import, try to zoom out!
Also, there are lots of 'collections' out there which only contain one
file (mostly .flame) - open it with textedit and choose your flame first.
(Copy the code from "<flame name=" to "</flame>" and save with ".flame" suffix.)

A search for Flame Pack or Parameters in the fractal category of deviantART
is always promising. Also Apophysis Starter Flames is a commonly used term.

Fractal Repository Flame File Page
Last edited by FarbGerEcht on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:28 pm

Note that you can also import gradients in the "Gradiotron" window. Show the "Favorites" drawer, and then at the top is a menu that includes an item for importing gradients. You can then select the appropriate file (including the "flam3-palettes.xml" for the entire set of default palettes, or the gradients in individual files).

The next version will also support GIMP gradients as well, if you use GIMP a lot.

Note that these gradients are shared amongst quadrium | flame and quadrium2.

FarbGerEcht

Gradients

Post by FarbGerEcht » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:51 am

Wicked. It took me like 23 minutes to find & import >3.500 gradients.

Of course, that's nuts. I guess these will do.

FarbGerEcht

Multiple Flames in one file

Post by FarbGerEcht » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:57 am

Ok. I just noticed something.
See, if you got a file with multiple flames in it -
you don't have to edit the .flame in a texteditor.

All flames in that file will be in the Snapshot Pane after import.

Now, how cool is that.

P.S.: This doesn't work with every .flame file but 4/5.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Multiple Flames in one file

Post by gandreas » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:47 am

FarbGerEcht wrote:Ok. I just noticed something.
See, if you got a file with multiple flames in it -
you don't have to edit the .flame in a texteditor.

All flames in that file will be in the Snapshot Pane after import.
The amazing part is that I don't remember that it would work that way, but sure enough, I had added code to explicitly check to see if it got a second <flame> entry it would save the current one into the snapshots. Mind you, that was written more as a "hm, this is odd and wrong and should never happen, but in case we do something bad, let's handle it this way" (as opposed to "how to we handle multiple flames in a document")

Sometimes it's nice to be surprised that your software has features you didn't even realize...