Any word on a Q|F 2.0?

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

aether

Any word on a Q|F 2.0?

Post by aether » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:02 am

I've got to say I find working with Q|F is a BLAST! :D

Although I've spent quite a great deal of time on it and created some (what I think to be) gorgeous stuff, I know I'm just scratching the surface.

Skipping through your gallery on DeviantArt I came across "What-Dogs-Dream" and the comments mentioned a forthcoming 2.0 release, yet the submission was made in Feb. :shock:

Also, any suggestions on how I can make progressive looping animations, many times as I adjust parameters (steadily increasing or decreasing) I find the animation "reverses" at some point to create the loop.

I have a few more questions … but I don't want to "bloat" this post; I do believe this would be the appropriate place for them … right?

Best regards :D

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:30 am

Basically, a little thing called the iPhone SDK has come along and interrupted the quadrium | flame release (if Apple can slip an entire OS release for the iPhone...)

Rest assured, however, I will be releasing quadrium | flame 2.0 and I'm planning out major updates to quadrium and quadrium | prime to take advantages of Snow Leopard, but I'll post more details on that when WWDC is done and I've recovered.

aether

Post by aether » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Sorry, I completely forgot about the WWDC. I'm planning to upgrade to Leopard in the next few weeks so that should work out excellently. The changes between Q|F 1.2 to 1.3 were so cool, I can't wait to see what you have in store for a 2.0 version.

Now I'm a graphic designer by trade (but I switched from an Engineering major a good many years ago). So, though my Math and Physics knowledge may be more than that of the average designer, I fear it is nowhere in the league where you guys play (additionally it's also been so long since I've had to think about far less apply any 'real math' to anything) … fractal math simply "overwhelms me."

I've been through the tutorials, etc., but like I mentioned previously, I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface. So far the "happy accidents" have been wonderful but now I want to have more control in the design process … can you make any recommendations (without having to go out and get a math degree)?

I currently teach Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress and introductory web programming XHTML, CSS, etc. and I use Flash, AfterEffects, Carrara and a bunch of other applications, Q|F seemed to come out of nowhere and is by far my "favorite program." (there've been times when I've literally spent whole days on it, experimenting, etc.) This is why I want to get much better with it, and make better use of its tremendous potential.

Keep up the great work! :D

aether

Post by aether » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:23 am

I imagine you're pretty occupied with developing all those exciting new games, but can you give us a hint as to when the next q|f update may be available. :)

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 pm

It's at the top of the non-iphone list (which is almost cleared off). I'm actually playing with q|f today to make my yearly calendar, so there will certainly be some internal work on it...

aether

Post by aether » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:56 pm

That's great news. I'm really excited to see what's next.
[Enjoy your holiday] :D