No Animation in SnowLeopard

quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate

aether

No Animation in SnowLeopard

Post by aether » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

I've been creating some really wonderful fractals with Q|F unfortunately since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, animation doesn't work right … I get vertical bands with a hint of the animation in the background totally unusable.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to render movies once again. It's still advertised as a feature so I assume it should still work. Work-arounds, quick-fixes, perhaps I have some wrong settings … I think I've tried everything … please help … anyone …
:roll:

sdkone
IQ Test: Orange

Re: No Animation in SnowLeopard

Post by sdkone » Sun May 15, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm also having a problem with my renders where there are green vertical bands and some offsetting of the image making the animation feature totally unusable which is the main reason I'd like to use this software. Any ideas or support for this issue?

Thanks.

aether

Post by aether » Sun May 15, 2011 3:07 pm

It seems quite evident that the developer has no sense of commitment nor moral obligation to the people who have purchased this app.

The following needs to be removed from the product feature list OR a warning needs to be added so that potential buyers would know that it DOES NOT WORK in Snow Leopard

" • Animate your creations, generating QuickTime movies (including high resolution movies)"

"These features make for the most powerful and fully featured flame fractal program on the market, regardless of the platform."

Both statements are FALSE without animation, which was a key selling point for me as well. Charging people $39.95 for a defective app is just plain wrong. Unfortunately, results are unlikely, it seems he doesn't even read this board either, so …

Leana
IQ Test: Orange

Post by Leana » Sat May 21, 2011 8:02 pm

same prob here- and video rendering was the ONLY reason I bought it-- *&%)#@

many months- maybe a year ago- quadrium2 (plain) had the same prob- but i got a response, and solution right away- so I thought for sure that flame would be good- BUT, NOOOO !!!

aether

Post by aether » Sat May 21, 2011 8:27 pm

What a disappointment … when I first got this app, it was awesome, I literally spent days on it, figuring my way through. Then 1.3 was released along with a bunch of hype about all the possibilities Snow Leopard would have to offer, then nothing (lots of iPhone apps, games, etc). I guess not enough folks purchased Q|F so …

I've never seen where a developer would just abandon customers this way though, while continuing to falsely promote the product. Maybe he's working on a really super cool upgrade … Hmmm, dream on … it's been 2 years since his last post.