nif

Dead?

Post by nif » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:38 pm

Is this project dead?

gandreas
Immortal

Nope

Post by gandreas » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:13 am

Not at all - I've recently significanly sped up scrolling of large documents (10,000+ lines) while line numbers are visible (it is now as fast as having them hidden), and redone the regex support to work correctly with unicode (using the regex library found in TCL).

I've got a couple of other changes (built in support for storage of breakpoints and other "line attributes", "external editor" client support) I want to make before the next release (which I'd like to have ready before WWDC, since I want to release an update for PyOXIDE by then as well).

blizzardmedia

Dead now?

Post by blizzardmedia » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 am

The last post in IDEKit is from 3yrs ago. It seems that it really is dead now? At any rate, I just download IDEKit last night. I have an idea for an IDE and thought that IDEKit would be a good fit. However I'm having problems building on Leopard. The project file seems to be corrupt or it is so old that xcode 3.x doesn't recognize it. So I created a new Cocoa framework project and imported:

everything under English.lproj except for the InfoPlist.strings because there was already one in the new project.
IDEKit_Prefix.h
everything under images
everything under Sources
I wasn't sure what to do with all of the other .plist files in the root so I left them for now.

When I try to build I get over 2000 warnings and over 2000 errors. I started working on some of these but ran into some really old C code that looks like some regular expression stuff. Most of the errors seem to reside in this code...at least for now, not sure what else will crop up once these are fixed.

At any rate, I was checking in to find out the status of this project and to see if any work on Leopard and xcode 3.x was planned.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:27 am

Not dead - I've been going under pretty much on-going updates of it, they just haven't been posted due to a general lack of external interest. I've been using IDEKit for Scride and for the editor in the quadrium family (quadrium_scribe).

For now, you can just grab those (already build frameworks) from either of those applications.

blizzardmedia

Post by blizzardmedia » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 am

gandreas wrote:For now, you can just grab those (already build frameworks) from either of those applications.
How much trouble would it be to update the source download?

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:33 pm

At the very least it will have to wait until I come back from WWDC...

balduin

Post by balduin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi, would you mind to upload the current version of the IDEKit source? It would help me very much, and I guess you're already back from this year's WWDC ;)

djgraphite

Post by djgraphite » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 pm

I too am interested in the updated code.