Compiling Problems

Discussion of IDEKit, the framework for making source code editors

Moderator: gandreas

Garibaldi

Compiling Problems

Post by Garibaldi » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:28 pm

Hello,

If I try to compile the idekit Framework direktly, like it's selected directly after downloading, then says:

IDEKit_Prefix.h:21:38: Foundation/Foundation.h: No such file or directory
IDEKit_Prefix.h:22:30: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory

if i change the target to all, then it compiles about a minute and then says:

ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_MultiFileResults
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultID
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultLine
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultRange
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_BreakpointInspector
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_SnapshotFile
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_UniqueFileIDManager
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_UniqueID
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_BreakpointManager
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_OpenQuicklyController

I'm writing a Latex Editor and the idekit would free me of programming my own line numbering.

Thanks,
Garibaldi

here the complete output from the idekit.framework compiling:

/Developer/Private/jam -d1 -j1 JAMBASE=/Developer/Makefiles/pbx_jamfiles/ProjectBuilderJambase JAMFILE=- build ACTION=build _DEFAULT_GCC_VERSION=3.3 BUILD_STYLE=Development CPP_HEADERMAP_FILE=/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.build/IDEKit.build/IDEKit.hmap SRCROOT=/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test OBJROOT=/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build SYMROOT=/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build DSTROOT=/tmp/IDEKit.dst

PBXCp /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/pbdevelopment.plist
/Developer/Tools/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.build/IDEKit.build/pbdevelopment.plist /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources

BuildPhase <CopyResources>IDEKit.framework

BuildPhase <DeriveAndCompileSources>IDEKit.framework

DynamicLibrary /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/IDEKit

DynamicLibrary.LinkUsingFileList /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/IDEKit
/usr/bin/g++-3.3 -o /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/IDEKit "-L/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build" "-F/Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build" -filelist /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.build/IDEKit.build/Objects-normal/LinkFileList "-framework" "Cocoa" "-framework" "PreferencePanes" "-arch" "ppc" "-prebind" "-Wl,-single_module" "-dynamiclib" "-compatibility_version" "1" "-current_version" "1" "-seg1addr" "11800000" -install_name "`echo "@executable_path/../Frameworks/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/IDEKit" | /usr/bin/sed 's!//*!/!g'`"
ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_MultiFileResults
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultID
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultLine
_IDEKit_MultiFileResultRange
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_BreakpointInspector
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_SnapshotFile
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_UniqueFileIDManager
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_UniqueID
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_BreakpointManager
.objc_class_name_IDEKit_OpenQuicklyController
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
...failed DynamicLibrary.LinkUsingFileList /Users/hinrich/Desktop/test/build/IDEKit.framework/Versions/A/IDEKit ...

gandreas
Immortal

XCode

Post by gandreas » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:57 am

I believe the problem is that it is being opening in ProjectBuilder, and not XCode (and since there are still the old, unsupported legacy PB targets, it sees those).

"All (Upgraded)" is the one that builds everything.

If you are stuck with Project Builder, make sure that all those newer files (which contain the various missing classes - IDEKit_MultiFileResults.mm, IDEKit_BreakpointInspector.mm, IDEKit_SnapshotFile.mm, IDEKit_UniqueFileIDManager.mm, IDEKit_Breakpoint.mm, IDEKit_BreakpointManager.mm, IDEKit_OpenQuicklyController.mm and probably some others) are added to the IDEKit target.