Planerary Hours for Astrologo

gandreas software products on the iPhone/iPod touch
orionx
IQ Test: Orange

Planerary Hours for Astrologo

Post by orionx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 am

Astrologo was my favorite program for planetary hours and planet positions, and I used it several times a day since I purchased it months ago. The upgrade, although visually appealing and more comprehensive in many areas, is very disappointing in that the planetary hour feature is much more difficult to use. When the planetary hour info was positioned below the ephemeris, it was very convenient to see hours with rulers throughout the day. Unless I've missed something, now one has to go to 'Orrery' and one can only see the current hour, which is severely limiting. It is quite inconvenient to load other daily hours into the 'wheel' just to see the daily range of rulerships.

The subject box is also difficult if one tries to change or compare a time. I like to see the current time and info immediately when I load the program, but now it often pulls up a previous time I didn't even save, even when "use current time" was turned ON.

The planetary hour function, which was my very favorite, is now too confusing and inconvenient to access quickly, so I have purchased other planetary hour programs which are much simpler, and will use them instead as my daily staple programs.

Please consider changing the planetary hour function of this program back to how it was before, or at least enhance its usability so a user can see at least a 24 hour daily range of times and rulerships in one view.

Thank you.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Planerary Hours for Astrologo

Post by gandreas » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:02 pm

The planetary hours have been moved to be integrated into the almanac.

Tap on a given date and it'll show the hours for that day.

orionx
IQ Test: Orange

Re: Planerary Hours for Astrologo

Post by orionx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Thank you for pointing out that the planetary hours full day rulerships can be found by clicking on a given 'day' found in the almanac section. I spent a lot of time going thru the help section as well as each part of the program trying to find planetary hours and could find nothing, and finally in frustration just gave up and bought another program. I saw nothing linking them to the almanac section. May I suggest clearly indexing your planetary hour function to this information somewhere? Perhaps on the help menu - or create another section where one can search on a given topic in more detail? It would have saved an incredible amount of frustration.

Thank you for your quick response.