UI Suggestion

gandreas software products on the iPhone/iPod touch
dr.geary
IQ Test: Orange

UI Suggestion

Post by dr.geary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 am

In a future release could we go back to using the iOS swipe feature instead of the fiddly page up and page down arrows? This is especially useful for people with reading difficulties. Many thanks in advance. Love the software.

dr.geary

Re: UI Suggestion

Post by dr.geary » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 am

Sorry. I should have specified that I am talking about Astrolgo. :?

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, for some of the pages that include horizontal scrolling (like the aspect page, potentially others in the future), swiping as an action doesn't work well when you can also scroll in that same direction. Way too often you end up swiping when you want to scroll or vice-versa.

However, I could potentially add the ability to swipe along the navigation bar at the top of the screen (instead of in the content).

dr.geary

Post by dr.geary » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 pm

that could work. anything to help older guys who can't see so well. the little arrows are so small! thanks for considering it.

dr.geary

Post by dr.geary » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

PS. One more thing. Would love the addition of Panchang data that allows comparison of native tarabala/chandra bala to daily lunar transits. (See BV Raman 'Muhurta'). Also, I would love a way of easily paging through lagnas to see their start and end times in a way that dynamically displays the rasi. Also can we go to Antara depth in the Vimshottari? Probably too much to ask. But I thought no harm in asking. :D

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

At this point, most anything I add to Astrolgo is based entirely on user feedback (since it does everything I'm interested in/understand), so if you don't ask, it won't be there.

(It may not be there if you ask, but hey, at least it'll be on the list of potential features for a future version!)

Note however, that some vedic features in particular, are difficult to implement due to a lack of either consistent or any detailed explanation as to their calculation.