Astrolgo - question and a bug

gandreas software products on the iPhone/iPod touch
rif
IQ Test: Orange

Astrolgo - question and a bug

Post by rif » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:58 am

Hi,

I noticed what seems to be a minor bug in Astrolgo: selecting the Regiomontanus house system displays as "Unknown House Scheme" on the main horoscope page.

I also have a question on the horoscope page: what do the 1x, 2x through 10x do? I don't see any difference in the chart when I select them. In fact the only option I've figured out in that dial is the one that affects aspect transparency. Some insight would be appreciated. :)

Thanks.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Astrolgo - question and a bug

Post by gandreas » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks for the "regiomontanus" bug - turns out to be a simple, harmless "didn't add that case" bug (I've got a new release coming up pretty soon)

The 1x..10x impacts the magnification of the internal dial. If you've got lots points on the chart (especially once you add midpoint aspect tools which take N points and make N x (N-1) x (N-2) points), trying to see the details can be tough. Changing that value changes the magnification factor used to draw it - higher values spread everything out, but make it much more "jumpy" as you move (since a tiny movement of your finger can mean a much larger movement in dial).

rif

Post by rif » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the response. I still don't see any difference with the dial. When I select different options my chart does not change. I have an iPhone with latest OS.

One more bug: Sometimes I lose the prefs bar at top of horoscope page. I think it's after I do prefs then help. There is whitespace at bottom of horoscope page when this happens.

The app also looks slick on the iPad although I haven't spent much time with it there yet.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 am

It's not the chart that changes, it's the vertically scrolling "details spinner" that appears when you tap in the middle area of the chart (and then tracks your finger to "zoom in" on whatever section of the dial".

If you can figure out what steps you take to get the prefs bar at the top to disappear, please let me know so I can fix it (that definitely would be an annoying bug).

rif

Post by rif » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 am

Ah I see that now, thanks!

I checked and it seems that whenever I visit the help page and return to the app the top bar disappears. It actually redraws briefly and then vanishes, like it might be scrolling the view up past the visible area. Not much else to say, it seems consistent as I did it three times just now.