MaPnakotic Development?

gandreas software products on the iPhone/iPod touch
Sleeper
IQ Test: Orange

MaPnakotic Development?

Post by Sleeper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Is there any active development for MaPnakotic?

The app shows GREAT promise, but needs to address the previously posted speed and stability issues, and support the latest version of MapTools.

I really want our group to use it in our games, but want to be sure it will continue to improve if we invest time and money in it. We will like buy a couple more iPads if there is an update adressing these issues.

Thanks for your many great products.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: MaPnakotic Development?

Post by gandreas » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 pm

There is - it's slow, but does happen (obviously, being free, there's not a whole lot of financial incentive). The next version includes a whole lot more scripting functions. support for external monitors (which I think is really cool), and I've got a technique for speeding up moving (which, unfortunately, doesn't work with the previously mentioned external monitor support). The biggest problem is higher priority work (such as 3.0 of The Dicenomicon for iOS and The Dicenomicon for OS X) getting in the way.

Sleeper

Post by Sleeper » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:31 am

Good to know! :D

BTW... Once MaPnakotic is at a stable version and supports the latest revision of MapTools, I certainly don't think you should have to give it away! I know everyone in our group (with an iPad) would happily pay a few bucks each for such a version.

External monitor support certainly sounds cool, but would not be that relevant to us. We have a laptop on a flatscreen tv running maptools... the ipads running MaPnakotic are for players to input their actions.

Anyway, thanks for a great app!! (Dicenomicon, too!) Looking forward to future updates! :)

echelonIV

Post by echelonIV » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Yeah, I recently discovered MapTools and Mapnakotic, pretty awesome :-D
I just have to persuade our GM to use it :P

Alarian

Post by Alarian » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Just wondering if there was going to be any more development on this? I just discovered it tonight (thanks to a post on enworld). We've been using maptool for several years in our pbem campaign and our group has several players with iPads and iPhones and it's going to be awesome to be able to check the maps while at work or where ever you might be while away from your computer.

All in all, it looks to be a pretty cool app!

Whats really funny is I've been using Dicenomicon for a while now and never noticed this program before.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 pm

I work on it from time to time, but have yet to have enough major updates to make it worth resubmitting.

I am investigating using the basic engine in another project, but I won't comment too much on that until it actually works (but it would mean that it would get more attention in the future).

Loendar

Post by Loendar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Any chance of getting this working with the 1.3.b87 version that was released in October of 2011? I would like to use the current stable version of Maptool to build my campaigns but the client doesn't seem to like it.

Unfortunately, a downloaded campaign that mirrors the next one I'm going to run is also only supported in the current version of Maptool.

Thoughts?

lux

Post by lux » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Sleeper wrote:Good to know! :D

BTW... Once MaPnakotic is at a stable version and supports the latest revision of MapTools, I certainly don't think you should have to give it away! I know everyone in our group (with an iPad) would happily pay a few bucks each for such a version.

Anyway, thanks for a great app!! (Dicenomicon, too!) Looking forward to future updates! :)
I completely agree and guess I can speak on behalf of all my game group. :)

lux

Post by lux » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Loendar wrote:Any chance of getting this working with the 1.3.b87 version that was released in October of 2011? I would like to use the current stable version of Maptool to build my campaigns but the client doesn't seem to like it.

Unfortunately, a downloaded campaign that mirrors the next one I'm going to run is also only supported in the current version of Maptool.
I'm routinely using Maptool 1.3.b87 with MaPnakotic (most recently, yesterday) and it works, about three iPhones and five iPads connected.

Did you change protocol to 1.3.b87 in MaPnakotic's settings?

Thrud

Post by Thrud » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 am

Yes, support for b87 would be awesome.

And I think you should charge a reasonable amount for the app to make sure you can fund ongoing development
and so people know there will be a future.

If it helps I do both iOS and Java programming - happy to talk and see whether I could help out
if that's an option.

Posted with gandreas software's Web Boarder

lux

Post by lux » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:25 am

I'm not programmer, but can do small development and localization. Could do an Italian and French localization for instance, do some proofreading – there's a conenct in the message dialog for failed connections to server – and give a hand on documentation.

Of course, if either this is an option and it doesn't bother. If it's the latter, I apologize in advance. :-)

Thanks,

lux

lux

Post by lux » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am

gandreas wrote:There is - it's slow, but does happen (obviously, being free, there's not a whole lot of financial incentive). The next version includes a whole lot more scripting functions. support for external monitors (which I think is really cool), and I've got a technique for speeding up moving (which, unfortunately, doesn't work with the previously mentioned external monitor support). The biggest problem is higher priority work (such as 3.0 of The Dicenomicon for iOS and The Dicenomicon for OS X) getting in the way.
I would be eager to see a new version of MaPnakotic! Can you confirm the above, or is the development ceased?

lux