[Mapnakotic] Cant connect to server

gandreas software products on the iPhone/iPod touch
CoveredInFish
IQ Test: Orange

[Mapnakotic] Cant connect to server

Post by CoveredInFish » Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 am

Hi,

I updated to the new version of mapnakotic. I tried to connect to a server running on my iMac (MT b86). It failed with a "kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 2".

I can connect to my server from a laptop I have - using either the local and the rptools-server-list method.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? What I can test/try?

TIA

cip2

Re: [Mapnakotic] Cant connect to server

Post by cip2 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:41 am

Check your firewall settings, default port 51234 needs to be allowed, try using Upnp to see if it will route correctly before messing with your firewall.

Let me know if you can stay connected as I'm able to connect but not see anything on my touch while the windows computer says I'm connected then it says I'm disconnected after about 10 seconds.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu May 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Also double check that the version number (listed in the account information) exactly matches the version number of the server - if not, the server is going to be unhappy and disconnect you (hopefully, MaPnakotic will detect this, but that detection scheme is fragile, since there is no specific error code from the server for "version mismatch", just an arbitrary string that changes from version to version).

CoveredInFish

Post by CoveredInFish » Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for the answers.

I have had no success yet, but my time has gotten really limited - so I couldnt dig deeper yet.

There is a portforwarding for 51234 and my iMac that runs the MT server. I can connect with other MT clients, but not with mapnakotic.

"1.3.b86" should be the default, right?