"The One Ring" building custom dice

Simulated dice for role playing games
JCPrager
IQ Test: Orange

"The One Ring" building custom dice

Post by JCPrager » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 pm

This is my first post on this forum...

Hi. I've been using The Dicenomicon for a while and I love it, however, I'm trying to build a custom dice set for Cubicle7's game, "The One Ring" and, being totally inexperienced at creating custom dice, I'm finding it,,, Difficult may be the best word.

So, all I need to construct are a D6 and a D12, but both dice have special rules with accompanying dice markings: For example, on the D12, the 11 and 12 spots are taken up by auto fail and auto success markings. The D6 also has a marking on the 6 that can affect the degree of success of a given role.

Next, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to make the pictures of the numbers for the sides. Do I need to make the pictures for the D12 hexagonal? How do I assure that the numbers will display properly?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: "The One Ring" building custom dice

Post by gandreas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:42 pm

I picked up a copy this past weekend, and I've skimmed through the rules a bit. It should be doable. Hopefully I can get some time soon to try to play through it a bit to figure out how to best set up something for it (since it seems interesting).

JCPrager

Post by JCPrager » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Is there any progress on the "One Ring" set by any chance?

HawthornThistleberry

Post by HawthornThistleberry » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 am

For my part, I'd be happy just to have dice that *look* like the TOR dice, even if it doesn't also do the logic and leaves it for me to do it.