Help me create Descent 2nd Edition Dice

Simulated dice for role playing games
Fitsou
IQ Test: Orange

Help me create Descent 2nd Edition Dice

Post by Fitsou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am

Hi i only used Dicenomicon for D&D so i have no idea on how to create custom Dices.

i manage to create one d6 i upload the images in its side, i choose it as favorite
and i show it in the Dice Bar!
so far so good

next i created another d6 (different color) but i cannot find an option to put it in the Dice bar, since i can only choose 1 d6 as favorite.

Even more in Descent Dices its side symbolizing 3 things
Range, Damage and surges (something like critical) is there a way to sum all that when i throw the dices???

vittogs

Re: Help me create Descent 2nd Edition Dice

Post by vittogs » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Fitsou,

It is relatively simple to create dice for Descent, once you know what you are doing. I programmed dice for Descent 1st Ed., but I haven´t found the images to create second edition dice.

Once I have the image files, I can create the dice you want really fast and show you how to do it! :)

Later, formulas can be created for each monster, for example. So you can only click once and have the results shown on the app really simple.

Fitsou

Post by Fitsou » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 am

i can e-mail you the images of all dices

vittogs

Post by vittogs » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Fitsou,

I used some images of dice I found available on boardgamegeek.com.

I made the dice, using a table results for each element in the die. First column is range, second column is damage and third column is surge. For example, blue die "miss" (the "x") face is (0,0,0), whereas the 2 range, 2 hearts, 1 surge face of the same blue die would result (2,2,1), and so on and so forth.

This is important so you can use formulas to roll monster attacks, for example. In the formulas you can show results totals, something like Range 2, Damage 1 or Damage 1, Surge 2, as text over the rendered dice after rolling.

The images I used are good enough in my opinion, but maybe someone with a bit more attention to detail would like to add some shadows, etc... but image editing isn't my strong suit.

The app render the dice appropriately, so when you use them through the Dice Bar of the main view, additionally to the dice themselves showing the rendered image, show the table results in overhead text.

You can download the dice through my dropbox public folder. I don't know if I can post the links here or not, though. Contact me via email, so I can send you the links for each dice: Blue, Yellow, Red, Gray, Black and Brown.

k7e9

Post by k7e9 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm new to Dicenomicon and I'm still trying to figure it out in many regards. It would be interesting to try to add dice to the app. I'd be very interested in dice for Descent 2nd Edition. Could you share the dropbox-folder links if I sent you a PM or e-mail?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cloudwalker2k3

Post by Cloudwalker2k3 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:57 pm

I would also like to use your dropbox for the Descent Dice.
No matter how many times I read these posts, making custom dice doesn't get any easier.

vittogs

Post by vittogs » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Guys,

I couldn't find any objection in the forum rules to post links, so here is my Dicenomicon folder, with Descent 2nd Ed. dice and a game room backup with formulas.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4stxbcioxzyy1rs/kzWSoc0H4Y

Hope it helps!

Cloudwalker2k3

Post by Cloudwalker2k3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:27 am

It seems to not be compatible with 3.1.3. But the Dice images are useful.

Is it possible in a future update to be able to assign values when creating the dice?

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 am

The current version of The Dicenomicon already includes support for both first and second edition Descent, complete with a custom die bar (and fancy evaluator to show the results).

Game > Descent/2e > Activate

and then swipe up on the die bar on the main screen to toggle between your favorite dice and custom Descent die bar (and the accessories)

Cloudwalker2k3

Post by Cloudwalker2k3 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:02 am

Whenever I use D2E that come with Dicenomicon, the faces are all jumbled up. While it may show the rolls, the dice do no display them properly.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 am

Can you get me a screen shot of what you see, as well as info such as device & OS version you are running?

Cloudwalker2k3

Post by Cloudwalker2k3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

ImageImage

Ipad 1 5.1.1

jac

Post by jac » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi there! I am also trying to use the descent 2e dice and the results do not match between the dice figure and the numbers...specially with the attack dice. for example when there is an x in the blue dice there is also a 5 and 2 hearts. there s soething we can do about that?
Thanks!!!

jac

Post by jac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Dd anybody manage to use the descent 2 dice that comes with the app? I am still trying to make them work!! :(