Savage World dice formulae?

Simulated dice for role playing games
Zzzman74
IQ Test: Orange

Savage World dice formulae?

Post by Zzzman74 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

I'd like help creating SAVAGE WORLD dice formulae for individual dice that "explode" if the highest value is rolled.

I'd like to program a series of dice presets that with a single button press with roll :

D4 + d6 (wild die)
D6 + d6 (wild die )
D8 + d6 (wild die)
D10 + d6 (wild die)
D12 + d6 (wild die)

I'd like both dice to roll at the same time and have the dice keep exploding automatically until they won't explode any more. Then, I'd like the HIGHEST NUMERICAL TOTAL to be displayed at the top. For example if I rolled a d6+d8, if the d6 rolled a 6 (explodes!) followed by a 5 (total is 11) and the d8 rolled a 6, the value of 11 would show at the top.

I've tried to read the programming help pages, but I'm totally lost. Help?

Zzzman74

Re: Savage World dice formulae?

Post by Zzzman74 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

Also, I've been successful programming a single die to trigger a re roll if if hits a TN of its highest die value. But then I can't get the total of all rolls to show up. It just shows "1". This isn't what I want.

I also see if the help literature to program "d+6" to make a d6 that explodes. However , I can't seem to get that programmed in. I can't type just the plain "d". I have to choose "d6" or another die size. Then when I add in the +6 it makes my roll "d6+6" and adds six to the value of whatever is rolled on the d6. That's not right.

Rrelkon

Post by Rrelkon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Switch to native keyboard in i->Customize->General. Then you can type whatever you want, but you must be sure what you are doing, as you are not guided.

Tektat04
Honored

Post by Tektat04 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm

The easiest way to do this is to write a formula for each dice roll.

The code would look like this:

High1(d4, d+6)

Hope this helps.

jazzman
Honored

Post by jazzman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 am

Tektat is close. The d4 should also be a d+4

Another way to get the same result is to use the following:
D+4 \/ d+6

The v symbol is one of the special characters on the keyboard input and might be easier then trying to insert and modify a f().

Lastly search this forum for savage worlds, there's a character sheet that I started that would at least allow you to have the rolls already stored, though with the previous revision things were broken and I don't know yet what this most recent one has brought on.

Posted with gandreas software's Web Boarder

jazzman
Honored

Post by jazzman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am

Oh, and to get d+4, after entering the d4 die to the formula, you tap this d4 in the formula to highlight it and then hit the opt button and then select the Op+ button to toggle it to be an open die roll, which means it explodes when max value is rolled and is exactly what you are looking for.

Posted with gandreas software's Web Boarder