Web-based Editor question

Simulated dice for role playing games
judeo
IQ Test: Orange

Web-based Editor question

Post by judeo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:23 pm

I am running version 3.1.2.1 on an Ipad 3, IOS 6.1.3. i connect up to the Web-Based Editor from my Mac laptop, using chrome or safari browsers.

I have two questions regarding the web-client, please educate me.
First, it seems that when i have the server running (sharing -> Web-Based Editor -> start) i can connect via browser, but in order to test anything i need to quit the Web-Based Editor? is that correct? i do not see any method in the browser to execute the formula on the ipad to see if the formula is working.

Second, it seems very unstable to me. i enter a formula in my browser, and hit the Validate button and half the time it hangs for about 30 seconds and crashes the Dicenomicon app.
Thanks for any help, love the power of this app and i have already made good use of it and anticipate a lot more once i get the formula syntax down a bit better.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Web-based Editor question

Post by gandreas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 pm

The web based editor is going to be going away in the next major release - it has a number of issues (including, as you've noticed, it is difficult to edit and then have to swap away to test, battery drain, problems with background usage/screen lock, etc...).

Instead, exporting the entire game room to an XML file which you can edit (using either iTunes or the forthcoming Dropbox support) will be the preferred way to deal with off-device editing.

(I'm also working on a OS X specific app to edit character sheet and game room XML files)

judeo

Post by judeo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks for the response, worked through my issue with the client for now, but am certainly looking forward to an XML based method.
Thanks

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 am

This new method, will it include the ability to upload updated character sheets?