physics question

Simulated dice for role playing games
judeo
IQ Test: Orange

physics question

Post by judeo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:50 pm

OK, i need to set the custom physics so that when one die hits a die that has stopped moving it does not change the already stopped die. for example, i drop a D4 and D6, the D4 stops on a 2, the D6 is still bouncing and collides with the stopped D4. Can i prevent it from changing the D4?
Thanks for the help, very nice app and i love the fact that i can do all these custom formulae to show specific text and values.

judeo

Re: physics question

Post by judeo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:01 pm

I should also note that i do see that i can hold a Die, and that keeps it from changing, but i would like to do this as the die are rolling.
Thanks

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am

There is no current support for that sort of "magnetic ground" feature. I'm not actually sure if this is possible (since doing a held die requires modifying the underlying physics model, which may have problems if done while things are still moving)

judeo

Post by judeo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

As always, thanks for the answer.

Uranium Dragon
Honored

Post by Uranium Dragon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 am

The best solution you have would be to double-tap the re-roll button, which will stop rolling the dice and align the dice to the upper left corner. Of course, who's the say the numbers that appear when you align the dice are the same as the numbers would be if you let them continue to roll. Or can you?

LordFlameStryke

Post by LordFlameStryke » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:23 pm

From what I understand of the way Dicenomicon works, it generates results using its random number generator, then spins the dice to get the results. Thus if a d4 came up with a 3 and Dicenomicon had already determined it to be a 1, it would flip the die to a 1.

Also, this is quite realistic. If you roll a die, and then roll another die nearby, there is a chance the first die will be nudged to a different result.

Posted with gandreas software's Web Boarder