Help with formulas

Simulated dice for role playing games
ShadowWizard
IQ Test: Orange

Help with formulas

Post by ShadowWizard » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm

For the life of me I Can't figure out the formula language so I am someone can help me out. I am trying to make 2 very similar and simple rolls, both for the white wolf system. The first is one that will roll dice against a target number entered by the user. It would be something like 2d*TN"ask the user". It will basically ask the user what the target number is and then roll against it 2 dice.
The second is like it. "ask the user"d*TN"ask the user". This would ask the user how many dice to roll, and then the target number, and then roll against that target number the number of dice specified.
Thanks in advance.

BeeJay

Re: Help with formulas

Post by BeeJay » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 am

Hey Shadow,
I think you need to look into the :next: command and parameters. I'm still messing around with character sheet files, but looking at the code for the Reflex save button we have:

Code: Select all

<roll>
  <formula>:next:("","Save Roll", "REFL"). @TITLE ← "Save vs Refl". ":next#:"</formula>
  <name>Refl Save</name>
</roll>
Hope that points you in the right direction.

B

LordFlameStryke

Re: Help with formulas

Post by LordFlameStryke » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi, ShadowWizard.

Are you still looking for something like this? I have just created a formula for Classic World of Darkness that does just this. It is under the heading of "Can anyone help me with a complex formula?". Feel free to use it for your gaming purposes.

Posted with gandreas software's Web Boarder