"Pro" version

Simulated dice for role playing games
IQ Test: Orange

"Pro" version

Post by Jenks3 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 pm

So I just picked up the app last night because I liked what it had to offer, but after logging on to get some info I see this.

To someone who owns an ipad with iOS7, does this mean I will have to repurchase the app if I want the "pro" version?

Re: "Pro" version

Post by gandreas » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 am

Yes. The "Pro" version will require iOS 7 and have significant new features. The "Classic" version will be updated to support (but not require) iOS 7 as well, but not include those new features - but all the current features (and several enhancements) will still be there. The Pro version is architecturally different internally (actually being more like the OS X version in many respects), and is built on features that require iOS 7 (for example, TextKit and SpriteKit)

Compatibility between the two versions for character sheet data, formulas, custom dice, etc... is a high priority. There will, however, be things like functions that exist only in the "Pro" version, and in a perfect world I'd like to remove some confusing and ambiguous language features in the Pro version as well (which possible nobody is actually using).

Ideally, I'd like to just come out with a new app (with the new internal architecture) that would be free for existing users and use in-app purchase to update to those new features, but there is no way supported in the AppStore to do that (and until certain patent trolls have been dealt with regarding in-app purchase, I am loathe to depend on using it).

There is, however, no release date for the Pro version.