Dicepools, highest two, how to do it?

Simulated dice for role playing games
Cryptico
IQ Test: Orange

Dicepools, highest two, how to do it?

Post by Cryptico » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello, new to the forums.

Been using dicenomicon for a while, awesome app. Though I never quite got the hang of formulas, I have been playing Cortex+ games (roll dicepools of different size dice, take two largest) and I have been wondering if it is posible to do a couple of things:

1)Make a formula that will automatically take the two largest die and add em up. Example: I have 2d6, 2d8 and a 1d10. I roll them all together and the app will instantly tell me the total of the two highest.

2)Is it posible to put different color die of the same type in the dice bar? for example a blue, a red and a green d6 (In case I want to roll multiple characters at the same time so they are color coded).

3)Is there a way to find a log of previous rolls, I think I might have seen this at some point can't find it again, unless it was another app.

4) is it possible to see the probabilities of a formula. Like if I make a formula that will do what I requested on item number one. Is there a way I can see the average roll or stuff like that?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Uranium Dragon
Honored
IQ Test: Orange

Re: Dicepools, highest two, how to do it?

Post by Uranium Dragon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 pm

1. Dunno. I'd have to play with the formulas. I'm sure there is. Any of the power users know this answer?

2. If you don't know your way around the custom keyboard in Dicenomicon, then go to Settings > Customize > General > Under Keyboard, select Original. Then go to Customize > Dice Bar > Edit > Add die > Done > Select the entry > Type in Rd6, Wd6, Bd6 then Done > then left arrow out to the main screen. scroll the dice bar to the right and tap the last die icon. A red, white, and blue d6 will roll.

If you want two d6 to roll, just type 2Rd6 for two red d6. There are different letters for different colors. Under Settings, tap on Help > Dice Formula and scroll down. There you'll find the letters and colors.

3. Just tap the top center bar between the Formula tool and the Settings tool. Tap the X to close the log.

4. Don't think so. Glenn or someone else may be able to answer that. I'm only a medium-level user.