PDF backgrounds in Dicenomicon

Simulated dice for role playing games
tjvigil66
IQ Test: Orange

PDF backgrounds in Dicenomicon

Post by tjvigil66 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm

From what I can tell here in the forums, I have to upload my PDF to iCloud, then it should show up in Dicenomicon. I've haven't found documented instruction that explains the process, so I can only go by what I've read here.

Unfortunately, my PDF doesn't show up in the app, even though it is in my iCloud account. So I'm sure that I've missed something.

Feature request... Allow for access from Dropbox for PDF files. That's where I typically store them and it seems redundant to have copies in multiple places.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: PDF backgrounds in Dicenomicon

Post by gandreas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 am

The Dicenomicon doesn't use iCloud currently (and if it did, every iCloud app is restricted to its own sandbox, so there is no good way to use it to upload stuff from your desktop).

You need to transfer the PDF file using iTunes - drag it into the Dicenomicon's "Documents".

Importing PDF files from Dropbox is a good idea - I'll have to investigate it.

tjvigil66
IQ Test: Orange

Post by tjvigil66 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you for the reply. Until Dropbox, I guess I'll add my PDF files via itunes. :(

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Turns out it was actually really easy to add - importing via Dropbox uses the same code as importing via iTunes document sharing, which says "hey, this is already in the user's documents folder, we don't need to import it" (so it thought that the pdf file was already available - all other imported files end up in a different place).

Added a special case for the dropbox importer to explicitly support that, and it will be available in the next version...