Disappointed

Simulated dice for role playing games
nbitspoken
IQ Test: Orange

Disappointed

Post by nbitspoken » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:28 am

I purchased Dicenomicon several years ago under the evidently screwball assumption that it would, at the very least, automate the process of transferring a rolled set of character abilities or "statistics" (Str/Int/Wis/Dex/Con/Cha) to an optionally persistent portion of Dicenomicon's user interface roughly corresponding to the familiar notion of a "character sheet," and, ideally, support a rudimentary form of solo play, i.e., "solitaire" D&D in which the user is able to generate two or more characters and pit them against one another in a simulated combat or "melee" round. Of course, no version of Dicenomicon has ever provided either one of these two fairly simple "baseline" functions. Does Gandreas Software sincerely believe that what users really want, and expect, agrees with what Dicenomicon actually delivers, which is little more than a grab-bag of individually over-engineered yet collectively unrelated components whose focus continues to deteriorate, with each successive release attempting to appeal to a still wider audience, which currently encompasses, beyond its (in light of the app's overtly d20 presentation) original RPG focus, not only every conceivable form of dice play, but such extremities as poker and, most incredible of all, tarot card layouts?

Uranium Dragon
Honored

Re: Disappointed

Post by Uranium Dragon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:41 pm

To your point about characters and character sheets, I have never used Dicenomicon for that. There are other apps that do it better. But what Dicenomicon does do for me, and does so very well is roll dice and roll macros. I believe this to be the original and main purpose for the app.

hpavc

Re: Disappointed

Post by hpavc » Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Does the The Dicenomicon config share with the iphone/ipad?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-dic ... 6523?mt=12