d6 System

Simulated dice for role playing games
anlarye
IQ Test: Orange

d6 System

Post by anlarye » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Hiyas

In the games area, there are rolls for various versions of the d6 system. I would like to modify the one for the 2nd edition to take advantage of the option we use for "botches".

This is if the Wild Die comes up as a 1, it and the highest die are both removed from the total. I've been looking at the help but not able to figure it out.

Thanks

gandreas
Immortal

Re: d6 System

Post by gandreas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:36 am

Haven't gotten to fully test this yet, but I think this will do the trick (and "trick" is the optimal word). I'm also assuming that the d6 uses open ended rolls (IIRC), so let's start by rolling however many dice - for an example, we will have 7 dice, and we keep them a separate values:

Code: Select all

@rolls <- #1d6+@.
Suppose we roll 1,3,1,[6+2],5,1,[6+6+1], this will be (1,3,1,8,5,1,13). We sort them

@rolls <- sort(@rolls).
This gives us (1,1,1,3,5,8,13). Now we find the ones

@ones <- @rolls = 1.
By using a list <compare> value, we get a 1 for all values equal to that value, and 0 every where else, so we have (1,1,1,0,0,0,0). Now we want the corresponding places on the high end of the list

@high <- reverse(@ones).
This is then (0,0,0,0,1,1,1). Take any place where either of those two lists are 1

@botch <- @ones \/ @high.
So @botch is now (1,1,1,0,1,1,1). We want to invert that (take just the 0 values):

@good <- @botch = 0.
And finally @good are the position in the roll where we want to use those values, so use them:

@results <- @rolls /\ @good.
And our answer is the sum of them all:

"Total:", sum(@results)