Help with existing favorite roll

Simulated dice for role playing games
dkjordan
IQ Test: Orange

Help with existing favorite roll

Post by dkjordan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:55 pm

Greetings all
I think this should be an easy question, but I cannot figure it out, so I figure I would throw this out to the gurus out there. In Dicenomicon, there is an existing Favorite Roll for stats. The roll is a 4 d6 set of rolls taking the highest 3 dice for each set. I would like to add to this formula to also remove the number '1'...basically so a person would roll 6 sets of 4d6 and not get a dice roll of 1, this will help boost the basic attributes so all '1's' are removed...what addition do I need to add to the current formula?

Currently it looks like...
4d6 H 3

What do I need to add to this formula please?

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Help with existing favorite roll

Post by gandreas » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 pm

There are two approaches - the easier (but less obvious) way is to roll a d5 and add 1:

Code: Select all

4d5H3+3[code] (adding the 3 to convert 1..5 to 2..6)

The alternate, more literal one, requires adding a "roll macro" to reroll dice that are ones:

Tap (i) > Roll Macros > Edit > Add Roll Macro... > Done > (Tap new "ABC" roll macro)

Change it to:
name: REIF
description: Reroll if
Default Dice Sides: 6
Color: Black (or whatever)
Has Target Number: YES
Default Target: 1
Action Based Opens : NO

Actions:
If face = tn
Re-roll: Replace
Value: 0

If true
Re-roll:N/A
Value: face

Then make a favorite formula:

4d6REIF1H3

dkjordan

Post by dkjordan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. I followed your steps, but I am getting stuck after I create the macro, I go back to Favorite Rolls and create a new roll, then select it to edit it, but I cannot use a normal keyboard, it only allows me to use the custom keyboard with just numbers and special characters, no regular alpha keyboard to use, so I cannot put in REIF in my favorite rolls section because there is no keyboard...please help. Thanks very much for your help.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Once you've entered the 4d6 part, from the dice keyboard tap the "opt" key and then type "?M" (to indicate that the die has a roll macro associated with it).

You can then double tap the "d6ARS" (ARS is the default roll macro, due to beginning with the letter "A") and select "Roll Macro" from the "Edit What?" alert. You can then scroll through the roll macros to get to your new REIF macro.

To change the target number to a "1" (if it isn't already), just tap the "1" key on the "+123" keyboard

dkjordan

Post by dkjordan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Works perfectly! You're the best thanks!