After some dice formula

Simulated dice for role playing games
neilgooge
IQ Test: Orange

After some dice formula

Post by neilgooge » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 am

Hello all

Not sure how often people frequent the board, but here goes.

I am currently playtesting my own game which uses a couple of specifics that dice formula and fast rolling would help with.

I have some of the basics down, but with absolutely zero coding type knowledge am struggling with certain combination

Ok, the mechanics work like this. Its a d10 dice a little like a combination between the One Roll Engine and White Wolf for those familiar. So you roll a pool of dice, anything over a target number, which can shift with difficulty is a single success, but, any matches explode... SO if you roll 7D10, with a target number of 4, a roll of 3,4,5,5,5,7,9 would be six success and you would re roll the 5,5,5 if you get any matches in those, that explodes and so on. any matches under the target explode, negating successes. SO had the roll been 1,1,1,3,5,7,9 the 1,1,1 would negate the 5,7,9 and would be rolled again adding any more rolls under the TN of 4 to the failures.

So I am looking for a formula that can replicate that. I can then make a run of favourite rolls with different dice amounts and different TNs to apply that formula too.

Thanks for any help. All the best

Neil