Pick dice before roll?

Simulated dice for role playing games
animerunt

Pick dice before roll?

Post by animerunt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Is there a way, in the current release or the upcoming one, to create a 'pre-roll input' for what die you want to roll?

ex. 2d#1 where you would put 8, 10, 20, etc.. in for #1

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Not exactly (oddly enough, the part that actually would roll the dice supports it, but the part that edits and displays the formula doesn't).

However, with 2.0's "Roll Macros" you can simulate it more or less. Basically you'd make a macro that would re-roll the die if it were higher than a given value (and that value would be the parameter). So you'd have "2d20UPTO#1" and it would roll the d20s, and if #1 were 8 it would reroll everything above that. It's not perfect (thus the "more or less" disclaimer).

Zelannii

DnD 4E and perameters

Post by Zelannii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Creating a function to handle DnD 4e to-hit, damage bonus, magic dice means i need to write a seperate formaula for each damage die type (D4, D6, D8, etc). To hit is allways a D20. If I could select what damage die was selected at the same time as this roll, then a single formula could handle any attack in DnD 4e, including crit, magic dice (on crit), etc. If we had 5 imputs instead of 4, I could even add a sneak attack damage toggle into the mix and truly have 1 (instead of 2) formula (maybe this can be hnadled with a macro).

PLEASE include in 2.1 (or resubmitted 2.0) to allow a variable to be inserted in front of a "D" to indicate die type as an input to a roll!

Thanks very much, awesome app!

(on a side note, a web editor or standalone desktop app to edit formulas and load them into the phone would be real nice... Also, being able to assign a custom formula to the quick bar at the bottom too!