2.5 bug reports

Simulated dice for role playing games
bloodfang
Honored

2.5 bug reports

Post by bloodfang » Thu May 20, 2010 9:56 pm

New thread to report stuff.

First off the new icon is cool and I love it on my iPad.

When editing a roll for an at-will power on a 4e character sheet, it switches from landscape to portrait mode when I click done in the roll edit screen.

When doing a roll is from the character sheet is there any way to set default target number?. Seems to be set to 10 on powers and 1 on skills. It would be nice to set the default to the most common or 0 to just skip it al together so I can cut back on having to enter a target as often.BTW the 0 target works just like you said :)

I'll be setting up a few character in the morning, I'll post more feedback then.
Last edited by bloodfang on Fri May 21, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smaggler
IQ Test: Orange

Re: 2.5 bug reports

Post by Smaggler » Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 am

A few minor bugs between switching from portrait to landscape and back. Sometimes dice disappear, sometimes favorites aren't updated. Random stuffs.

I'll keep playing, love it!

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 8:19 am

Text with the new string codes are not showing up on die screen, only in the log.

Code: Select all

"\=20=Twin Strike", 3d6

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri May 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Smaggler wrote:A few minor bugs between switching from portrait to landscape and back. Sometimes dice disappear, sometimes favorites aren't updated. Random stuffs.
The dice are suppose to go away when you switch orientations (don't ask why, there was a subtle and important reason for it.

However, anything that forces you to be in a specific orientation (i.e. switches the orientation on you) is a major problem, so please let me know about them...

Smaggler

Post by Smaggler » Fri May 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Are the dice supposed to continue to be invisible after said orientation switch??

I've had it make the dice disappear and then remain invisible after clicking on other rolls.

Bowtie Bob

Post by Bowtie Bob » Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 am

I think the selection area for switching game rooms needs to be adjusted. It seems to be more interested in renaming my rooms than switching between them, unless I find just the right spot to click. My suggestion would be to have it so that a room is simply selected when you click on it's row. If you want to change the room name, then click the "Edit" button.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using an iPhone.

arvid

Post by arvid » Sun May 23, 2010 6:42 am

gandreas wrote:
Smaggler wrote:A few minor bugs between switching from portrait to landscape and back. Sometimes dice disappear, sometimes favorites aren't updated. Random stuffs.
The dice are suppose to go away when you switch orientations (don't ask why, there was a subtle and important reason for it.

However, anything that forces you to be in a specific orientation (i.e. switches the orientation on you) is a major problem, so please let me know about them...
Well, it is really annoying anyway and not at all intuitive. I really think you should change them to stay or atleast tell us the reason instead of just asking us not to ask.

What makes this a real problem is that the iPad's rotation sensors are much more sensitive than the iPhones and it's much easier to flip orientation mode unintentionally.
The work around I'm using now is locking the rotation. It works, but sometimes I forget to turn the switch, and then the iPad is in clear danger of being thrown in the wall... ( :wink: )

arvid

Post by arvid » Sun May 23, 2010 6:49 am

Another but I've found is that When I edit the Globals/Char Sheet options and insert a new row, the input switches back to "first capital letter" mode for each new letter. (the mode with the blue outlined shift-symbol - not the all caps version that is filled in blue)

If the thought is to make the default to write each new row in all caps, the all caps switch should be defaulted instead.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon May 24, 2010 12:38 pm

bloodfang wrote:Text with the new string codes are not showing up on die screen, only in the log.

Code: Select all

"\=20=Twin Strike", 3d6
Good - I've been able to reproduce it. Oddly enough, it looks to only be a problem with the font size formatting, "\rTwin \bStrike\g" works fine

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Tue May 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Now that you can set the characters to exact sizes any chance of adding leading (vertical spacing between lines) to it? i.e. "\=20/20=Twin \nStrike" Have words 20 px tall and 20 px leading.

Pharis

Post by Pharis » Fri May 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Hey, just noticed a bug while entering my character sheet for a D&D 4e character. Dicenomicon is correctly computing the base value of 10 + Level/2 for my AC, but it isn't adding my half level for my Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defense values as it should. Anyone else running into this issue?

Thanks!

Pharis

Post by Pharis » Fri May 28, 2010 10:51 pm

With regard to my previous post, the omission of Level/2 only appears to be affecting the defense score displays on the character sheet editor, and not the actual character sheet itself.

web-weaver

Post by web-weaver » Sun May 30, 2010 4:57 am

If like me you cut down the dice bar to only those dice that you need, there I a bug (at least on the iPad) where the first few dice get pushed too far left and can't be scrolled. A work around is to add a few dice so that scrolling is avaIlable again.

scruffy

Post by scruffy » Sun May 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Bowtie Bob wrote:I think the selection area for switching game rooms needs to be adjusted. It seems to be more interested in renaming my rooms than switching between them, unless I find just the right spot to click. My suggestion would be to have it so that a room is simply selected when you click on it's row. If you want to change the room name, then click the "Edit" button.
This minor change would be huge for me too. The "right spot" doesn't even seem consistent.
arvid wrote:When I edit the Globals/Char Sheet options and insert a new row, the input switches back to "first capital letter" mode for each new letter.
arvid wrote:the all caps switch should be defaulted instead.
I am trying to use many Globals currently, in lieu of a custom char sheet, so this would be a great change.

-just hoping to show confirmation of these functionality requests as another user:

jazzman
Honored

Post by jazzman » Mon May 31, 2010 1:41 am

Couple of things on iPhone 3gs.

1) Noticed when using the Transparent Die that the D6's numbers are not arranged properly. The opposite sides of the dice should add up to 7, they are arranged in order. so only 2,5 are correct. A custom die with sides 1,2,3,6,5,4 in that order fixes this. d8 and d12, d20 are all correct. I think it's with any odd factored die, 2*3=d6, 2*5=d10, etc.

2) Can not delete custom dice. Hitting the edit button shifts the names, but doesn't display the minus sign.