2.5 New Feature Requests

Simulated dice for role playing games
bloodfang
Honored

2.5 New Feature Requests

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 5:32 am

A thread to add new stuff I'd like to see in future versions.

bloodfang
Honored

Re: 2.5 New Feature Requests

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 6:00 am

Setting Default Target Numbers for powers and skills.

I'd like to be able to set the default TN for each power/skill. Also have it bypass the screen where you can adjust it when you do a roll if it's a 0 default TN.

Last edited by bloodfang on Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 6:08 am

Web display

I'd like to be able to display a website using part of the screen where you do the die rolls. I'd use this to show power descriptions, which i can build my own site or pull from compendium in the case of 4e. Being able to toggle this off an on would be amazing.

Set the url in the power description.
Last edited by bloodfang on Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 6:29 am

Double roll or roll edit for skill/initiative

Skills and initiative, roll twice and take the highest roll. The other option is to have a way of showing the roll formula and allowing us to edit it for each skill. That way we can make it toake a high roll or any other combo that comes up.

Last edited by bloodfang on Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 am

Healing Surges tweaks.

How do you reset your healing surges? Clicking on the reset daily doesn't seem to work.

I'd like to see the surges up with the hitpoints

Last edited by bloodfang on Fri May 21, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 6:59 am

Limited use powers with more than one use.

Limited power used to support more than just one use. Add an otion to enter the number to times it can be used.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 am

Duplicates Favorites or Copy/Paste in roll formula window

Not much of a problem with the 3d6 roll :). I have some complicated rolls and would like a way to duplicate a roll so I can have another version to modify. If you can come up with a slick way to copy rolls from one Favorites list to another that would even be better.

The other option is to be able to copy/paste into the roll edit window. This way I can keep a text file with my rolling on a web site and copy/paste into a new roll window.

Rivvin
IQ Test: Orange

Post by Rivvin » Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 am

Well everything I saw is for 4ed D&D... I read a couple of posts from you (Gandreas) stating that better support for 3.5/Pathfinder was a major issue to be resolved in future editions. The 2.5's out and nothing has changed from 2.3.2
Maybe we could hope in the next version? Starting from your very well done 4ed Sheet the work should be fairly easy: powers removed, abilities changed, few items on the front page tweaked...
"My Godreas, why have you deserted us..." :D

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 am

There is no forsaking going on - the comments about 3.5/Pathfinder refer to the next (non-bug fix) version _after_ 2.5 (iPad support). It gets confusing when "current version" can refer the the shipping version or the version I'm currently working on (especially near its completion), while "next" can be the next shipping version or the next version I will work on.

Regardless, 3.5/Pathfinder char sheets are something that is scheduled for either 3.0 (or 2.6 if I decided to split up some of the features - 3.0 will include the "active background" needed for MapTools support), _or_ a possible downloadable character sheet from the Dicetorium (like the way that Mini6 is currently handled).

The big determinant for which has to do with the planned support for tab based character sheets, which is a major feature for 2.6+. The idea is that character sheets can be broken up into separate tabs to make it easier to navigate (since scrolling through a larger character sheet is currently a pain, pun intended). Each pane will contain either a list (just like the current sheet, with an optional header and footer view), a single view, or something else, such as a single editable note sheet, or an external link to a web page.

So if the character sheet is the "one long sheet" current style, I can get it out via the Dicetorium. If I go with the new multiple panes, it'll be in 2.6 (or 3.0, depending on if I release a version before the MapTools/etc support).

It's going to be cool - trust me on this one...

Sushi

Post by Sushi » Mon May 24, 2010 2:08 am

Love the new ipad look. Getting ready to join up with a couple Pathfinder campaigns, so support for said sheets would be high on my list.

Also interesting would be a way for players who use the app to share / live roll on the DMs view. If you didn't want to code your own communication transport, perhaps the info could be sent via files - perhaps syncing with DropBox...

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon May 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Sushi wrote:Also interesting would be a way for players who use the app to share / live roll on the DMs view. If you didn't want to code your own communication transport, perhaps the info could be sent via files - perhaps syncing with DropBox...
One of the "live background content" modules that I'm planning for 3.0 is a simple chat system (built on GameKit so it doesn't require an existing network connection), which will automatically send roll results or other message between devices.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue May 25, 2010 2:31 pm

bloodfang wrote:Duplicates Favorites or Copy/Paste in roll formula window

Not much of a problem with the 3d6 roll :). I have some complicated rolls and would like a way to duplicate a roll so I can have another version to modify. If you can come up with a slick way to copy rolls from one Favorites list to another that would even be better.
Just got done adding code to support copy & paste of favorite rolls - tap on the roll & hold and the pasteboard menu controller shows (just like you can copy a phone number from contacts app)

The other option is to be able to copy/paste into the roll edit window. This way I can keep a text file with my rolling on a web site and copy/paste into a new roll window.
That's already there (though you can only do one at a time).

It is technically even possible to make a roll URL on your website so you can just tap on the link in (mobile) Safari, and it will launch The Dicenomicon and roll that roll (i.e., set the "ad hoc" formula to that URL), so when you add a new favorite roll, it will use that ad hoc value as the starting value.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Fri May 28, 2010 8:59 am

gandreas wrote:Just got done adding code to support copy & paste of favorite rolls - tap on the roll & hold and the pasteboard menu controller shows (just like you can copy a phone number from contacts app)
Will you also be adding code to duplicate a whole game room at once, including globals and all favorite rolls?

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 am

You don't need to - just make a new game room and set that new game room's INHERIT global variable to the name of the original game room. This allows you to have multiple game rooms all based off the same game room (this was designed so that you'd set up a game room for each sort of game you played, and optionally a different game room for each campaign in a game genre, and then you can make multiple characters in each game genre or campaign). Plus, if you make a change to the parent, all inherited game rooms that haven't explicitly defined their own values will get any changes from that parent.

[Edit]
INHERIT is definitely broken - both broken in one small but significant way, and improperly designed in another (i.e., it would do the right thing for certain cases, but not for any terribly useful definition of the "right thing"). It's also a bit ambiguous when combined with character sheets (which were, in part, designed to replace game room inheritance).

I'll be working on a fix and a couple of minor other tweaks to it

kelvSYC
Honored

Post by kelvSYC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I'd probably like to have game-specific roll macros instead of global ones. The four roll macros that I need for Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot are probably not going to be needed anywhere else (nor are the RPG fare needed for Killer Bunnies), so separating them out might make organization better.