Fudge Dice Formula

Simulated dice for role playing games
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anlarye
IQ Test: Orange
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fudge Dice Formula

Post by anlarye » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:22 am

I am attempting to get the Fudge dice to have more than 4 dice in a pool but only give me the results of the 4 best or 4 worst rolls.

For example. I want to be able to roll say 5 dF and the results are + - (blank) - (blank)

Adding them all up the result is -1
But I want the 4 best results and that would be (blank) (blank) (plus) (minus) which would give a result of 0
And in some cases I want the 4 worst results which would be (minus) (minus) (blank) (blank) which would give a result of -2

How would I structure these custom rolls? Using the Hi or Lo doesn't seem to work at all.

And I wish do be able to do this with more than 5 dF as well.

Thanks

kelvSYC
Honored
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fudge Dice Formula

Post by kelvSYC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 am

So 5dFH4 doesn't work for you? How about sum(high4(5dF@))? Please post the formula you used.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 am

Just tried "5 dF H 4" and it seems to work perfectly.

There may be some minor changes in the 2.6 code base that makes this behave differently from the 2.5 code base, but it does work for me.

So when you say "doesn't seem to work at all", what happens? Does it not parse it correctly? Does it disable the wrong items? Is the total wrong? Does your device start on fire and explode?

anlarye

Post by anlarye » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 pm

i just attempted it again and it worked fine. not sure why it wasn't working before.

thanks for the help.