2.6 bug reports and feature requests

Simulated dice for role playing games
bloodfang
Honored

2.6 bug reports and feature requests

Post by bloodfang » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 am

Collecting stuff here.

I do have a request, the dice bar. It tucks the die on the left under a button making it really hard to click it to roll. I usually put and extra on there for a spacer.

Also when I add a new die to the bar I can't reorder it. New dice appear below the Add Die button, I can reorder stuff above and below the Add die line, but I can cross it.

Keep up the great work and add more option i can pay for so I can help fund this great app.

bloodfang
Honored

Re: 2.6 bug reports and feature requests

Post by bloodfang » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:34 am

On my iPad in settings when the app crashes when i switch from a 4e game/char (or any other) to the None game/char.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

On an iPAd editing a favorite, I add a Descriptive Name and click done, the name doesn't get saved when using the native keyboard editing. On the custom keyboard it saves the Descriptive Name.

JohnnyCanuck
IQ Test: Orange

Post by JohnnyCanuck » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:39 am

On an iPod Touch 2nd Gen with iOS 4.1, it crashes when I try to add a dice macro.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:44 pm

I think I've got the (sometimes for some people) crash when adding some items (there's a lot of shared code, so this can impact a bunch of different "lists that can add things").

My current plan is to try to roll a 2.6.1 with that fix and at least one other (that nobody else knows about - hah!) early in the upcoming week. While out Halloween shopping I've also come up with an important feature that also solves a number of people's problems - the ability to export (and later import) an entire game room. All the favorite rolls, globals, functions, effects and props are all written to an XML file (which can be retrieved using iTunes 10 or later, assuming you're running iOS 3.2 or later - if not, check out the awesome Phone Disk <http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/>). This game room export/import of XML will make it easier to move entire configurations between devices, share your set up with others, and even more exotic functions like, say, being able to write a script in something like Python that takes an XML file (oh, I don't know, maybe generated by some other application <cough>dnd4e</cough>) and extract the important goodies and then import into The Dicenomicon.

And yes, I'm also planning on adding the ability to export custom dice and roll macros to similar XML files. After all, there's already code for parsing all these things from charsheet XML files, so might as well take advantage of this. There's a few UI issues to be resolved, but nothing major...

LordFlameStryke

Post by LordFlameStryke » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 am

Ok, problem with the app switching on the iPhone and game rooms. When I switch to a different game room, the favorite rolls aren't updated under the favorites button, only under the settings. When I select a roll from the list from the old game room, it rolls the appropriate function in the new game room.

When I try to exit the program to reset it, iphone's app switching keeps it open, so the only way to actually get the new game room is to either reset or turn off the iPhone.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks - that sounds easy enough to track down.

bloodfang
Honored

Post by bloodfang » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 pm

gandreas wrote:This game room export/import of XML ... generated by some other application <cough>dnd4e</cough>) and extract the important goodies and then import into The Dicenomicon.
Drool, that will be very cool with the 3.0 active background features you mentioned. Click and a power and it loads the description from the 4e compendium into the background. :)

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 am

I think I've found and fixed all the various "Crash when adding favorite roll" issues (had to do with the list of favorite rolls on the front side trying to update to show the new values but the table wasn't actually loaded so something internally got very unhappy), as well as some related crashes. Also fixed the "alternate row coloring when deleting" problem (not that it was all that critical). Editing global variables will also automatically uppercase the global name.

The biggest news is that, due to the pain that is trying to get the "advanced character sheets" in app purchase add on approved, I've decided to just flat out enable it for everybody, for free (because the tab based interface for dealing with character sheets is so awesome).

The 2.6.1 build will probably be submitted to the app store this afternoon, so if there are any other critical crashing bugs, speak now...

Taharka

Post by Taharka » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Can I put a bug request for the 3.5 sheet? The initiative roll is not taking my dex into account. I have a +4 dex, so my init should be +4, but it's not.
As for feature requests:
When making an attack roll, it asks for the target AC, but the DM doesn't give it. It would be nice to see the final result, rather than just a pass/fail.
Also, this could be a bug or a feature, but I can't seem to add my armor to the character sheet. This means my AC is very off.

UnlikelyLass

Post by UnlikelyLass » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Order of operations:

1. Select 'i' icon on main screen
2. Select 'Customize' menu option
3. Select 'Dice Bar' menu option
4. Press 'edit' button
5. Press '+' icon to the left of the 'Add Die...' option
6. Press 'Done' button
7. Select newly created 'd6' entry and enter dice formula entry screen
8. Select 'd6' in formula
9. press 'opt' button
10. press '>' button
11. press '4' button
12. Press 'done' button
13. Return to main screen
14. Select newly created 'd6>4' entry on dicebar to create a new 'd6' on the screen.
15. Roll new die

Based on the formula, 'd6>4', we should see '1' if the roll is 4, 5, or 6, and 0 if the roll is 1, 2, or 3.
What we actually see is the d6 face as rolled, ie, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6.

If the same roll is created via the 'Favorite Rolls' and accessed via the 'f' menu, we see the expected result.

tl;dr: If we create a 'greater than' or 'equal or greater than' die roll via the dice bar, we actually get the total of the die roll instead of the count of matches. If we create the identical roll via the 'favorite rolls' and roll via the 'f' menu, we get the count of matches.

UnlikelyLass

Post by UnlikelyLass » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Order of operations:

1. Select the 'i' icon on the main screen
2. Select the 'Customize' entry on the menu
3. Select the 'Dice Bar' entry on the menu
4. Press the 'edit' button
5. Scroll down to the 'Add Die...' entry
6. Press the '+' icon to the left of the 'Add Die...' entry.
7. Nothing appears to happen.
8. Scroll down which reveals a newly created 'd6' entry
9. Grab the 'grab bars' on the extreme right of the newly created 'd6' entry.
10. Attempt to resort the newly created entry into the dice bar list.
11. Newly created entry 'snaps back' to it's place below the 'Add Die...' option.
12. Press the 'Done' button
13. Press the 'Edit' button
14. Scroll down to the bottom, newly created entry still appears below the 'Add Die...' entry
15. Press 'Done' button
16. Press the 'Customize' button to return up from the 'Dice Bar' menu to the general Customize menu
17. Select the 'Dice Bar' menu item
18. Press the 'Edit' button
19. Scroll down, see the newly created entry now above the 'Add Die...' entry.
20. Grabbing the right-hand 'grab bars' on the newly created entry now permit resorting this entry in the Dice Bar list.

tl;dr: Adding a new entry to the dice bar appears to do nothing, unless you know the new entry appears underneath the 'Add Die...' entry. Also, once created, a new entry cannot be sorted in the list until you not only press 'done' on your edit session, but exit the 'customize dice bar' menu and reenter it, thus allowing you to resort the new entry in the dice bar.

Kagekitsune

Post by Kagekitsune » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:23 pm

great app i got it for my ipad. bug i found is when trying to add favorite rolls the program crashes. hope its fixed soon!

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 am

Are you running the latest 2.6.1?

Kagekitsune

Post by Kagekitsune » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:41 pm

yes when i hit the i in the corner on the bottom it says (2.6.1)

*update*
seems its working now. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and its no longer crashing. i wonder what caused it. anyways best d20 app ever!