2.6 bug reports and feature requests

Simulated dice for role playing games
runeb
IQ Test: Orange

Re: 2.6 bug reports and feature requests

Post by runeb » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:32 am

It seems with 2.6 it was introduced that the app keeps open with iPhone 3GS and 4, which speeds up appswitching and keeps your last rolled dice on the table...

Now with 2.6.1 its back to as it was previously. :(

I see a complaint previously that exiting does not reset the app any more, but that's normal if an app does not quit on exit and can be circumvented by double-pressing the home button, hold the programs icon until the ( - ) mark appears on the app and remove it from the history of apps. (as with all iPhone apps).

I wish the "keep it running" feature comes back soon.

Regards, Rune B.

Mnemoflame

Post by Mnemoflame » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

As avid Dicenomicon user and player of odd D&D/Pathfinder classes and races, I'd like to request a more generalized/customizable character sheet. I ran up against major frustration with the 3.5 sheet when I found I could only select those classes and races that are accessible via the SRD. It would be nice to be able to simply select appropriate HD size, save/BAB progressions, and manually enter skills that allow the selection of which stat they rely on. Something in that vein would really make my life easier now that my Gnome Warlock has been reincarnated as a Bugbear...

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm stilling trying to come up with a good way to handle this.

The problem is that the information for any given class (for example) is actually quite large - this includes setting up the weapon and armor proficiencies, various bonuses to fort, refl, and will, the base attack bonuses. For things like a Rogue, this also includes handling all the different features that are gained at each level (or bonuses within that feature updated), and most classes have a similar level of detail - approximately 20-30 different actions, with appropriate conditions for each of the 20 standard levels.

Much of it can be done manually - nothing prevents you from adding features/skills/feats to your character "out of sync" (though be careful of them being reset to standardized levels if you gain a level in a given class). However, as you've seen, this all is based on "pick from existing things" and it can be tough to model otherwise.

The best solution at this point is to make a character sheet extension which includes your desired class/race, but obviously there is a big learning curve to do that (I've updated the character sheet archive to include the latest, so you might be able to start from the D&D@d20@3.5e+Psionics.xml character sheet extension)

Davidcpujock

Post by Davidcpujock » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Using 2.6.1 app, with the 4.1e character sheet. The encounter and daily "used" is not working. When is turned off. Unable to roll an encounter or daily attack. If the flag is set to on, I am able to roll encounter or daily attack, over and over. Doing a reset on encounter or daily, does remove the flag, and goes back to being unable to roll those attacks.

Btw, tab character sheet is great.

Thanks,
David

Mnemoflame

Post by Mnemoflame » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 am

gandreas wrote:I'm stilling trying to come up with a good way to handle this.

The problem is that the information for any given class (for example) is actually quite large - this includes setting up the weapon and armor proficiencies, various bonuses to fort, refl, and will, the base attack bonuses. For things like a Rogue, this also includes handling all the different features that are gained at each level (or bonuses within that feature updated), and most classes have a similar level of detail - approximately 20-30 different actions, with appropriate conditions for each of the 20 standard levels.

Much of it can be done manually - nothing prevents you from adding features/skills/feats to your character "out of sync" (though be careful of them being reset to standardized levels if you gain a level in a given class). However, as you've seen, this all is based on "pick from existing things" and it can be tough to model otherwise.

The best solution at this point is to make a character sheet extension which includes your desired class/race, but obviously there is a big learning curve to do that (I've updated the character sheet archive to include the latest, so you might be able to start from the D&D@d20@3.5e+Psionics.xml character sheet extension)
I can understand the difficulty involved here. I think you might find a good springboard for how to approach this in the old AD&D 2nd Edition Skills & Powers Guide; it breaks all the classes down into their component parts and then lets you buy the class features you want within a certain number of points.

Rather than requiring the selection of an entire prebuilt class, it might be easiest to provide a set of prebuilt "templates" for the known classes and races alongside a system that offers manual selection of the predictable numerical components of classes (HD size, BAB progression, good or poor saves, sneak attack progression, spells per day, bonus spells, feat progression, etc). The point being a way to manually build a class from the mechanical components all classes are made from.

Naturally, this is probably a lot easier said than done but it's an idea; no use complaining if I'm not willing to provide some idea for how to fulfill my request.

Anumet

Post by Anumet » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:45 pm

When exporting my game room/ settings in 2.6.1 from my iPhone to my iPad (via iTunes), the stats, XP and level didn't get imported. Also, the names of the skills become blank in the imported version. (The rest of the spells, favorite rolls and character details imported just fine.)
DnD 4e game.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 pm

It may be that those values were actually stored in an inherited game room (such as "Default"). When you export a game room it doesn't "flatten" everything it inherits. You can examine the XML file that you exported to see if the value was actually there or not - all I know is that importing an XML file that I create via my dnd4e character converter is able to read all that information (in so far as I've examined it).

Taharka

Post by Taharka » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 am

New bug with the 3.5 1.1 sheet. I input my stats, but the Dex mod does not calculate correctly. I have dex 20, and it says Dex Modifier is 5 (correct), but then current Dex Mod is listed as 0. This does not happen with Strength. I double checked my armor, made sure it wasn't the Max Dex Mod that was a problem, that's fine.
As a side note, the Current Dex Mod will calculate correctly if it's a negative, just not if it's a positive.

Hardvice

Post by Hardvice » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 pm

If anybody is having the same problem with the dex bonus that Taharka's having, it's a pretty straightforward fix.

The current dex bonus is constrained by the max bonus on your armor and shield, so when that bonus is calculated, it looks for those max values. The problem occurs when you don't have any entry whatsoever selected for armor and shield; i.e.. If you have no shield, you need to make sure "None" is selected in the Shield section, etc.

If you're seeing something like "DEX 16:+0", chances are good that either the checkbox for armor or the checkbox for shield is not selected.

Another quick fix I noticed: if your flat-footed AC isn't displaying properly, simply go into Defenses, then Armor Class, and toggle Immune Flat Foot on and back off, and it will be corrected.