Warhammer Fantasy Role Play

Simulated dice for role playing games
DavidVH
IQ Test: Orange

Warhammer Fantasy Role Play

Post by DavidVH » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:51 pm

finally got something workable for doing WFRP rolls.
7 custom dice (characteristic, conservative, reckless, expertise, challenge, fortune and misfortune) with custom skins. 2 Favorite rolls (one for conservative dice and one for reckless rolls).
Tallies and reports the number of successes or fails, boons or banes, delay/exertion, chaos stars and comets. Complete with exploding dice for Righteous successes....
AZ4wxbYCQAEYGlI.jpg
Thanks to Tektat for his dicenomicon advice and GamerAtom (aka CanadianMowhawk) for his awesome custom skinning work.

Let the games begin.

Tektat04
Honored

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Role Play

Post by Tektat04 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Nice work.

Glad to be of help.

N41L5

Post by N41L5 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi

My first post.

I've recently discovered the Dicenomicon (which is made of win) and came here specifically interested in how/if it could be used with WFRP. I was very impressed to see what you've done, it looks awesome and is exactly what I'm looking for. I was hoping to be able to download the script and upload it to my iphone somehow (I don't even know if that's actually possible - like I say, I'm new to the app).

Can you please let me know if there's anyway I can make use of what you've been able to do or will I have to try and code up my own version from scratch.

Cheers, Michael.

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 am

pm sent.

j0nezn

Post by j0nezn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I would also like to be able to use what you did. It looks great by the way.

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 pm

for those wondering, I am leery of posting the files only because I know FFG has their own WFRP dice app and even though the work was my own, they make take issue with it being publicly available.

PM me your email and we'll work something out.

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm

next up, I'd like to work on a character sheet that can be used to automatically determine the size of your dice pool.

Gallows

Post by Gallows » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:22 am

Hello, wonderful work. As a WFRP GM I am VERY interrested in this project. I would very much like to try it out and if you want feedback, let me know.

Cheers for putting in the work.

ioda19

Post by ioda19 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am

wow very good job. That's what I searched. :D
Can you send me a PM with script to import it in my iPad 8)

Thank a lot

arvid

Post by arvid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 am

Very nice work!
I really don't see how they could take offense for your dice-mod, it's small scale and you're not selling it on App Store yourself. But it's your choice :) I'd really like to try it, so I'll send you a PM I guess. :)

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 am

since I still get requests for this, I figured I'd post it here.

First, a word a bit of background behind the scripts in case anyone wants to modify them, etc.
I enumerated all the possible sides/outcomes of the dice. 0-14 possible outcomes.

0 blank
1 success
2 boon
3 success+boon
4 success x2
5 comet
6 righteous success
7 boon x2
8 success+delay
9 success +exertion
10 bane
11 challenge
12 bane x2
13 challenge x2
14 chaos star

then created dice with the appropriate number of sides corresponding to those events.
then, created the formulas for each that count the number of each event per type of dice

where
S are Stance dice (either reckless or conservative)
E are Expertise dice
C are Character dice
F are Fortune dice
M are Mistfortune dice
L are Challenge dice

successes = C1 + F1 + S1 + S3 +S8 + S9 +S4*2 + E1 +E6
fails = M11 + L11 + L13*2
boon = C2 + F2 + S2 + S3 + E2 + S7 + S7
bane = S10 + M10 + L10 + L12 + L12
comet = E5
chaos = L14
delay = S8
Exertion = S9

The scripts. Note, there is a separate script for conservative rolls and reckless rolls (since I ran out of types of dice allowed in a script) and you never roll conservative and reckless dice together.

conservative script:

@C <- #1dChar8 @. @S <- #2dCons10 @. @E <- #3d*Expe6 @. @L <- #4dChal8 @. @F <- #5dFort6 @. @M <- #6dMisf6 @. @X <- count1(@C, @S, @E, @F) + count3(@S) + count4(@S, @S) + count8(@S) + count9(@S) + count6(@E). @Y <- count11(@M, @L) + count13(@L, @L). @A <- count2(@C, @F, @S, @E) + count3(@S) + count7(@S, @S). @B <- count10(@S, @M, @L) + count12(@L, @L). @STAR <- count14(@L). @COMET <- count5(@E). @DELAY <- count8(@S). @EXER <- count9(@S). if @Y > @X then @Y - @X + "Fail" elif @X > @Y then @X - @Y + "Success" else "_" end, if @B > @A then @B - @A + "Bane" elif @A > @B then @A - @B + "Boon" else "_" end, if @DELAY > 0 then @DELAY + "delay" elif @EXER > 0 then @EXER + "exertion" else "_" end, if @COMET > 0 then @COMET + "Comet" else "_" end, if @STAR > 0 then @STAR + "Star" else "_" end

reckless script:

@C <- #1dChar8 @. @S <- #2dReck10 @. @E <- #3d*Expe6 @. @L <- #4dChal8 @. @F <- #5dFort6 @. @M <- #6dMisf6 @. @X <- count1(@C, @S, @E, @F) + count3(@S) + count4(@S, @S) + count8(@S) + count9(@S) + count6(@E). @Y <- count11(@M, @L) + count13(@L, @L). @A <- count2(@C, @F, @S, @E) + count3(@S) + count7(@S, @S). @B <- count10(@S, @M, @L) + count12(@L, @L). @STAR <- count14(@L). @COMET <- count5(@E). @DELAY <- count8(@S). @EXER <- count9(@S). if @Y > @X then @Y - @X + "Fail" elif @X > @Y then @X - @Y + "Success" else "_" end, if @B > @A then @B - @A + "Bane" elif @A > @B then @A - @B + "Boon" else "_" end, if @DELAY > 0 then @DELAY + "delay" elif @EXER > 0 then @EXER + "exertion" else "_" end, if @COMET > 0 then @COMET + "Comet" else "_" end, if @STAR > 0 then @STAR + "Star" else "_" end

Then you need to set the proper prompts for the dice for each scripts:
prompt order:

#1 Characteristic
#2 Conservative (or Reckless depending on whihc script you are editing)
#3 Expertise
#4 Challenge
#5 Fortune
#6 Misfortune

I haven't tried these on recent versions of dicenomicon, so I'm not sure if they still work or there is an easier way.

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 am

and here are the dice files complete with graphics.

DavidVH

Post by DavidVH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 am

please let me know if these were useful to you.

arvid

Post by arvid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am

Great! A shame I cant just download and use them directly on my iPad, I'll have to wait until I get home tonight... :-)
Realt looken g forward to testning it out! :-)

arvid

Post by arvid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Now I'm home, but I cant figure out where to put the scripts...
I've tried using the web interface and entering the script as a new kind of roll, but when I insert the script in the "Forumula:" text area and click validate I only get "@C <- (null)" and that is what gets saved... :-/