Bug in Dice Bar?

Simulated dice for role playing games
j0nezn
IQ Test: Orange

Bug in Dice Bar?

Post by j0nezn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:12 am

I put 4d6 ≥ 4 in the dice bar. I get the total result. Not the number of successes. This is working as expected in the favorites bar.

DavidVH

Re: Bug in Dice Bar?

Post by DavidVH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 am

one of the limits of the dice bar is that you can't run formula's on the dice bar. only from the favorite rolls section.

whenever you roll from the dicebar, it just sums them up (as you found out)

cspicer

Post by cspicer » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:07 pm

This issue needs to be resolved. First off, the app should be a time saver. If I want to roll GD+-6 - 2 a set number of times, it needs to function properly on the dice bar. Saves editing a formula each time I want to roll multiple dice. Having to 'edit' the formula every time defeats the purpose of the app, as picking up physical dice would be faster then formula editing on the fly.

Second, if this is as intended, then the dice bar editor shouldn't accept full formulas.

Tektat04
Honored

Post by Tektat04 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 am

Cspicer and j0nezn,

You have found two bugs in the dice bar.

From my understanding the dice bar was always intended to be used for freeform rolls, select one dice at a time. The only elements that can be included are open ended command and dice macros.

The editor should have given a warning that a quantity before the dice and an equation after will be rejected. It rejected the equation but not the dice quantity.

@ Cspicer,

If I understand what you want to do correctly the -2 applies to every dice.

There is a way of making it work from the dice bar. Create a roll macro with the action: if true then tot-2.

You might not be aware of this but in Dicenomicon you can have a single formula roll form 1 to 99 dice by using a parameter. In your case the formula would be : #1gd+-6 -(2 x #1). How you about defining the parameter is dependent on what keyboard you are using, if you are using the Dicenomicon custom keyboard then press on the #1 then double tap on it. If you are using the original or native keyboard, select the #1 as per the standard iOS cut and paste method then press enter. Here you can give the parameter a name and a default value.

cspicer

Post by cspicer » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks - params hit the spot! Now if I can just figure out how to code lists that react to negative numbers, and limit 'dice explosion' effects to 1 additional role I'll be all set. Still need to learn about the online editor - coding on the phone is a challenge.