Crash when leaving help

Discussion of Rogue and NetHack for iPhone
Rock

Crash when leaving help

Post by Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:00 am

First of all, thank you for porting this. I have wasted a LOT of time so far :-)

I ran into a problem with the game crashing on me. I had viewed the help section just to look around a bit, and when I went back to the game, the screen was garbled (the current map and the startup text were both being displayed at the same time) and then I got kicked back to the iPhone main app screen.

I was looking through the Organizer in Xcode to see if there was any kind of a crash log that I could send to you, but I was not able to find anything. Is there a log that is perhaps named oddly, or is the app not configured to dump a crash log at all?

Thanks.

--
Rock

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 am

Hm, that's a strange one (the help stuff is completely separate and independent from the game - there should be no connection at all between them).

There also shouldn't be anything special about crash logs and the like - if it crashes, it should make one just like everything else.

If you can reproduce this, please let me know (in the mean time, I've been re-architecting large parts of the basic modules used here, so I can better reuse it and not have to fix the same bugs twice for NetHack)

Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah, so far I have been unsuccessful in reproducing it :-(