Can't Dig Down! [spoilers]

Discussion of Rogue and NetHack for iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
faehnle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can't Dig Down! [spoilers]

Post by faehnle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 pm

One way I've (sometimes) escaped a situation I couldn't handle in Nethack is to dig downwards. Also a valid way to deal with the Medusa level if you can't get over the water.

But... I can't figure out how to dig downwards, because once I've chosen to dig, I get the 9-square interface to indicate direction. I assume this might be a big thing to deal with, because it involves UI stuff, but just wanted to bring it up.

gandreas
Immortal

Re: Can't Dig Down! [spoilers]

Post by gandreas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:44 pm

That was one of those "it worked at one point" problems - I had digging working, but then later changed the way other parts were handled, and, well, the result is no digging.

I should be able to special case this by making a special version that includes the "down" key string - normally when NetHack asks for a direction, it just has (like you've seen) the various directions. This, of course, is an exception.

ffoogss
IQ Test: Orange
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can't Dig Down! [spoilers]

Post by ffoogss » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 pm

To dig up or down on the Ipod/iphone hethack version, select dig as normal and when asked what direction, use the descend or ascend stairs option from the menu.