Dicenomicon crashes when editing a formula

Report problems, find workaround
kipling
IQ Test: Orange

Dicenomicon crashes when editing a formula

Post by kipling » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 am

After literally years of owning the software, I decided to do something a little fancier because I'm experimenting with some mechanics. Sadly, lots of stuff makes the internal formula editor crash. (I'm using 3.2.1 on the current version iOS...I think 10.2.1...but an old iPad...I think release 4...the first version with a Lightning port.) I've got 16 GB free, so I don't think it's a memory issue, and I'm attached to wireless. By "crash" I mean "screen goes dark and I am forcibly moved to the main screen, with Dicenomicon no longer one of the programs running." (Just in case there was some ambiguity; I come from a different world.)

I ran into this trying to enter the formula 3d6H1 - d6. The editor crashed on the 1 after H. It crashed on the second d6. It crashes when I try to select anything that isn't an atomic unit...that is, I can move the cursor to a particular place (beginning of line, end of line, between two elements, but I can't select two elements without a crash.

The workaround for me is to enter one item (carefully) and then exit the editor. Then I can go back into the editor and enter the next item. This is, as you can guess, tedious, and as I get into things I haven't done before, the chances increase of me making it crash and losing my changes. Even editing the changes in an XML file and then importing them would be a better workaround.

Suggestions?

(Having said this, I'm going to blow it all away and re-download from the App Store, on the off chance that I introduced something else earlier on. I don't have anything else I need to save, and I'll let you know if that works.)

John

kipling

Re: Dicenomicon crashes when editing a formula

Post by kipling » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 am

And it doesn't seem to be a problem on my middle-aged 5C (also running 10.2.whatever), so that means whatever it means.

John

Epimetreus

Re: Dicenomicon crashes when editing a formula

Post by Epimetreus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am

I get the same crash on an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.2.