MondoBlobbo Cancelled?

General feedback, questions, and the like

Moderator: gandreas

MondoBlobbo Cancelled?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:16 pm

I saw that the MondoBlobbo link to all the documentation has been removed from your projects page. Has it been cancelled? I've been waiting over a year for it to come out.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Since there was nothing new to see, it seemed pointless to tease people with it.

I still plan to release it at some point, but I've been unhappy with its direction...

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:30 pm

Though I've seen that there were a few serious bugs, what do you mean by being unhappy with its direction? Before the public beta was taken down, I enjoyed it immensely.

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:51 pm

I wasn't happy with the graphics (they weren't smooth enough for my tastes, nor were they unified enough - too many subtle style differences between different elements that made the whole think not look coherent), and ultimately I didn't find it fun to play (and designing levels turned out to be just plain painful, despite all the options to work with).

So I need to do some re-engineering on the basic game play to streamline a few things, redo all the sprites, etc... This is all made worse because it was completely written on OS 9 (using a bunch of OS 9 specific tools that I had created, and so I'd have to first port them to OS X, and then convert the code from CodeWarrior to XCode, etc...)

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm

I see. Any plans to release it in the near future, or are you working on something else right now?

gandreas
Immortal

Post by gandreas » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 pm

"Near future"... gentle rocks magic 8 ball (you should never shake the magic 8 ball), turns it over... "Outlook not so good".