astrolo aspect grid and zoom

General feedback, questions, and the like

Moderator: gandreas

tvont

astrolo aspect grid and zoom

Post by tvont » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Dear Gandeas,

many thanks for your wonderful astrology program! I love it!

Nevertheless I have two really urgent feature requests:

1) When I compare 2 charts, I need an overview (table / grid) of the aspects the planets / points of both horoscopes have to each other, currently you only see the aspects within each horoscopes planets (in the grid below) which is not helpful in comparsion charts

2) The iphone display is very...tiny...so a zoom function whould be of great help.

Thanks again,

Josef

gandreas
Immortal

Re: astrolo aspect grid and zoom

Post by gandreas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:00 pm

2) Yeah, the view is small - I've added a "magnified dial" form for the dial portion, but that only does so much. Certainly the iPad is going to give a better experience (trying to fit all this information on the iPhone is a major challenge).

1) If you tap on the slider/switch at the top (used to switch between the two charts), you can move it to the middle, which will display both charts side by side, but of course, that makes them smaller (and thus harder to see - see point 2 above).

There really needs to be a better way to view these things - perhaps instead of being right next to each other, you can slide and do the equivalent of a horizontal swipe transition (so your finger determines the spot of where the transition between the two charts are - sort of like taking a book and flipping a single page back and forth to see either that page or the next page).

tvont

Re: astrolo aspect grid and zoom

Post by tvont » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks for your reply!

2) I thought about a zoom function as in safari. whould be really great!

1) I think you missunderstood my first question. I found the middle position of the slider, what I miss is not the aspects drawn into the radix but a table below the combined chart which shows up with the aspects from radix 1 to radix 2 (you have this table already for single charts)
like that (of course with the glyphs):

su mo me ve ma sa ur ne pl
sun
mo o
me o
ve /
ma
ju
sa /
ur
ne
pl